Hello WindowsPCSecrets users, today we are going to provide a comprehensive step by step guide to fix one more Windows error that is known as DNS Probe Finished Nxdomain error and it is not very tough to understand how network errors come on the web pages that you try to open and it can considerably ruin your experience on the internet and therefore, you have to use your regular internet that is necessary to learn and understand the reasons for certain commonly observed issues that persist in this area.
DNS Probe Finished Nxdomain – Fixing Guide
Tons of time, this happens where you might try to open your desired web page or a site for your urgent needs and find out the site and you got directed to, isn’t loading completely especially while using Windows operating system based PCs.
This is usually is observed more commonly when a user tries to use Chrome Browser but also in other popular web browsers such as Opera, Mozilla Firefox and therefore, it is urgent for the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error to be fixed or at least know the basics to be able to fix it yourself without any help.
In most cases, the error code that comes as “dns_probe_finished_nxdomain” that appears on your screen when you attempt to open certain web pages. This code that reads DNS Probe Finished NXdomain Chrome error in this case, and you are trying to open the page with Google Chrome happens and because of this the particular DNS lookup that operates on the site that has failed to make it difficult for users to get complete access to the web page.
Solution #1: Try to Switch the DNS Address
In most of the cases, the DNS probe finished nxdomain chrome issues can be known by its root, without any extra number added for technical up gradations by simply considering the concept of changing the DNS address of the chrome DNS probe finished nxdomain web page, that might considerably ease the lookup failing and that will make it more difficult for you to access the information and infographics provided on the web page. You will need to follow just a few steps in order to change the address and they are listed as follows.
- First, you will be required to right tap on the Network Icon and then tap on Open Network and sharing center.
- Now you will then have to tap on the change adapter settings option shows on the top left side of the drop-down menu.
- Then right tap on the active network connection option whichever it might be the Wi-Fi, Lan or Ethernet and then tap on the properties option.
- Make sure that you select the internet protocol version and tap on properties once again.
- Now in the last, you will have to tap Use some DNS server addresses, after that you will have to add the server address and tap on the OK option. The server addresses are as follows:
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Once you have successfully carried out all these steps, and your DNS address should ideally be altered fixing the DNS probe finished nxdomain Windows 10 error of any web page you access.
Solution #2: Use Windows CMD also known as Command Prompt
Now you need to put command prompt to use in cases where the server of a certain web page shows an error akin to the DNS probe finished nxdomain error that need to be quite helpful. A few simple steps that will help you to achieve that are listed below for you guys:
- You have the option of either running the CMD as an acting administrator of the operations or keep the Command Prompt open as an admin overseeing the entire thing.
- Another way to fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error by then running some commands one after the other in fast successions underneath, to ensure smooth functioning.
Once you have done your bit to seek help from and activate the Command Prompt option for administering, and we suggest you to shut down your system, restart the PC once again, check your network connection and try to reopen the web page that was showing the DNS probe finished nxdomain chrome problem. If the issue still persists, you must not lose your heart and try to provide the third option by which the error can guarantee to be fixed.
Solution #3: Reset Your Flag Settings
It is now important to understand that precision and targeting the issue at its inception that has two mandates. In this case, you have not been able to successfully change the DNS address or activate and make use of the Command Prompt option and as the acting admin, you will be required to embark upon the slightly more advanced task of resetting flag settings that will, or without fail you can fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain and it affects most average internet user and you will need to follow some simple and easy to follow steps to do so and they are listed below:
- You must type in the chrome://flags/ option provided in the address bar and then tap the Enter
- The next step is to follow to tap on the Reset all to default option button that appears on the right side. After you have done so, go to the Relaunch Google Chrome option to finish the issue.
This procedure has proven and quite effective to fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error, and in most cases, when all other options fail and make sure to extricate this error at its base.
More Windows Guides:
- How to Fix Unexpected Store Exception Windows 10 [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Fix Critical Process Died Windows 10 Error [Step by Step]
- [Fix Now] ‘The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable’ Error
It is advised to you to not lose patience and give up the need to look at any particular web page simply because such problems are observed when few simple steps you can fix the issue with the guarantee that will never come again.
We hope you like this post on fixing DNS Probe Finished Nxdomain and now you will never see the issue like this dns_probe_finished_nxdomain in chrome on Windows platform. If you have any more queries then drop them in the comment section below.