File Explorer is the element that is known as one of the best and the core element of Windows 10 operating system based computers and devices. There are millions of people who still don’t have any proper information about how they can get help with file explorer in Windows 10.
Before this term is known as File Manager Application that comes with all Windows Operating System based devices. There are so many Windows users exists who still confused on how to get help with file explorer in windows 10 and if you also unaware of this term then you need to read this entire article and we can say, that you will be updated with this term and later you can explain this term to any Windows users for sure.
Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
We all Windows users should know that the file manager on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 was renamed as File Explorer and later they introduce as new features such as a redesigned user interface that incorporate the ribbon toolbar.
A redesigned file operating dialog that shows more information about progress and allows for the file operating’s to stop and later resumed. The details pane in the Windows Vista and Windows 7 was removed and replaced with the thinner pane with no icons and fewer details of columns but other information is displayed when you hover over the file’s name.
So, guys in this post, we are going to share the complete step by step procedure on how you can get help with file explorer in Windows 10 and we will also share the procedure of how to configure file explorer in the Windows 10 step by step with the tried and tested solutions:
File Explorer in Windows 10 – Top Features
- Home Tab: It located on the top side of the file explorer, and the latest home tab makes the most of the tasks and commands easier than before and it can easily be copying the file or deleting it and you can also perform it via the home tab in Windows 10, whenever the user press Windows + E, they will be taken to the Home Tab.
- Share Tab: You can find the Share Tab on the top side of left in the file explorer, and later this Tab allows users to share plenty of files and folders wherever, you want with the just single click. For sharing any file, you can also convert the files into the zip format as well as burn them with the help of share tab.
- Quick Access: It is one of the most helpful and tremendous features of the new file explorer, and with this feature, you can visit the files and folder which you have recently visited. There are mainly two different sections in this feature of frequent folders and recent files.
- OneDrive: Windows Explorer in Windows 8.1 allows users to save the files directly to OneDrive but you cannot sync the files in OneDrive with your computer or local system. The new file explorer has the capability to overcome with this drawback. You can now not only save the files to OneDrive but at the same time sync them with the system.
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
So if you want to know, how to configure Windows 10 File Explorer to Open with this computer view then simply follow below steps:
- In the Windows 10, open a new file explorer window and tap on the view tab from the ribbon toolbar.
- In the view tab, check and click Options and listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.
- In the folder options window, make sure you’re in the General tab and later find the drop-down box which labeled Open File Explorer, simply click on the drop-down menu and select this PC and tap OK to save your changes and close the Window.
So, these are some easy to follow the step to configure file explorer in Windows 10 operating system. You don’t need any reboot or shut down the task on your computer for any other changes.
Simply, open a new file explorer window and you’ll see that it automatically shows this PC view by default. The Quick Access View is still there and can be viewed at any time, but all the users who prefer the more detailed this PC view won’t have any acknowledge Quick Access unless they want to.
Now, look the best way to get help with the file explorer on windows 10. File Explorer has so many great features that you still don’t know, and in this list, we will list out some great keyboard shortcuts and windows 10 issues and how to fix Windows 10 issues by simple methods.
File Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
To work smoothly with the File Explorer, make sure to use these amazingly helpful File Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts, sourced via Microsoft, and it will help you to navigate fast between folders and its settings.
- Windows Logo key + E: launch File Explorer.
- Alt + D – go to the address bar
- Ctrl + E – go to the search box
- Ctrl + F – go to the search box
- Ctrl + N – Open a new File Explorer window
- Ctrl + W – Close the current File Explorer window
- Shift + Delete – permanently delete file or folder
- Ctrl + D – move file or folder to recycle bin
- Alt + P – Show/Hide the preview pane
- Alt + Enter – Display the Properties dialog box for the selected file or folder
- Alt + Right arrow – View the next folder
- Alt + Up arrow – View the folder that the folder was in
- Alt + Left arrow – View the previous folder
- Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel – zoom in or zoom out on File Explorer interface. It will change size and appearance on File Explorer views.
- Ctrl + Shift + E – Display all folders above the selected folder
- Ctrl + Shift + N – Create a new folder
- Backspace – View the previous folder
- End – Display the last item in the active window
- Home – Display the top item in the active window
- F11 – Maximize or minimize the active window
- Num Lock + Asterisk (*) – Display all subfolders under the selected folder
- Num Lock + plus (+) – Display the contents of the selected folder
- Num Lock + Minus (-) – Collapse the selected folder
We hope you find this post on Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 useful and now you have the complete idea about it. If you still have any queries, please drop them in the comment section below.