Are you facing difficulties while taking a screenshot on HP laptop? If yes, then you are not alone. Thousands of people every day unable to take a screenshot with their computers and they are as frustrated as you are. In this article, we will explain in detail about how to screenshot on hp laptops or any computers.
How to screenshot on a computer?
It’s easy to take a screenshot on HP laptop or any computer with just two keys. In this article, follow the instruction below to take a screenshot on HP laptop.
- On every HP laptop or computer, the user can find the print screen button or any short form such as prt scr, prnt scrn, print scr, or PS. when the user clicks on it, it will take a screenshot of the images that appear on the desktop.
- It will be saved on the clipboard. Now users need to open MS paint on their windows and click on the paste or use a shortcut key to paste it on MS paint.
- The screenshot will appear on the MS paint. Now you can edit it or just saved it on your PC.
- You can save the image in any formate such as BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or PNG.
One of the disadvantages of this method is that the user can take a screenshot of the whole screen and not any specific part. It will be hard for the user to take a screenshot and then crop that part in the paint. Users can also try Alt+print screen to take a screenshot and then paste it as well.
How to take a screenshot using snipping tool
The snipping tool is now available on every Windows OS. Users can simply use this tool to screenshot on HP laptop or any computer. Here is how to do it.
- Find snipping tool on windows
- Now select a mode in snipping tool
- Now click on the new and it will freeze the screen.
- Now you can crop the part you want directly with snipping tool.
- The red line is the mark, it will crop the shape of it and open it on snipping tool. You can now edit it or just directly save it to your PC.
Automatically save screenshots on windows 10
We have mention two methods in this article and they both require users to save screenshots manually. Now with this method, users can automatically save screenshots on computers.
- On the keyboard, press the window key and print the screen together.
- It will the screenshot and you can find that screenshot on your default pictures folder.
With this method, users cannot edit or name their screenshot. They can edit later but it will require time to do that. If you want a professional level screenshot taking tool for your laptop or computer and actually solve how to screenshot on hp laptop question, then we have a list of them below.
Best Screenshot Tools 2020
Here is a list of some of the most uses screenshot tool for windows 10
- Awesome Screenshot
- Nimbus Screenshot
- Screenshot Captor
Now you can use any of the screenshot tools to take a screenshot on HP laptop or computers as well. All of this is a free tool in the market. We have used light shot to screenshot all these images in our article.
We hope this article will answer your question regarding how to screenshot on hp laptops or computers. We have mention 3 methods and few tools which can help you capture a screenshot with ease. If you have any more questions regarding how to take screenshot on computer, ask us in the comment section.