Driver wudfrd failed to load is an error that users face when they upgrade to windows 10. This is one of the most common error windows PC users faces and sometimes it’s hard to get rid of. This error is also known as event id 219 which is assigned to it as error 219. This error will keep appearing when the user reboots their PC, that’s why it needs to be fixed. Read this article to learn how to fix driver WUDFRd failed to load.
What is driver WUDFRd failed to load?
WudFRd is an error faced by most windows 10 users when they upgrade their OS. This error is the result of up-gradation to windows 10 specifically this error comes from drivers. When windows get updated, the older drivers are rewritten over the new one, which creates issues in Kernel-PnP. WUDFRd.sys is a small program that helps the computer to communicate with hardware by using device drivers. If the drivers are overwritten then they won’t function properly which creates the error 219 with Kernel-PnP. In order to fix WUDFRd failed to load error, there are many small adjustments that need to be made in PC. Let’s look at some of the solutions.
Fix Driver WUDFRd Failed to Load
We have found many solutions to fix the driverWUDFRd failed to load for windows 10 and after we evaluate them, we are here to provide you with a fix.
1. Update Windows
Windows updates are important as they could solve any error related to drivers. If you have set the windows to update to automatic, then make sure to update it manually just for once to fix the driver wudfrd issue.
- Press the Windows button and I to open settings
- Go to update and security
- After that, find check for update button and click on it
Once users update their windows, most of the time error 219 will be resolved, but if they still find the error message the driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0001, they try this other method.
2. Windows Driver Foundation Service
Windows Driver Foundation Service or previously known as Windows Driver Framework is an important service for drivers. They help with system stability and work with drives to be compatible with the users’ Windows systems. Here is how to enable Windows Driver Foundation Service.
- Open Run windows, press windows key and R button for the shortcut
- Now search for “services.msc”
- After that search for “Windows Driver Foundation” among other services
- Open properties and go to general type and find startup. Now change it to automatic
- After that click on the start button below service status and click on the apply button
After that, restart your PC, and wudfrd failed to load won’t appear again. This will make sure that Windows Driver Foundation is up and running and collaborating with Windows drivers to make the event ID 219 error go away.
3. Hard Disk Hibernation
One of the usual suspects on any driver related issue comes down to power settings. In this case, disabling Hard Disk Hibernation could be the answer to kernel pnp error of driver wudfrd failed to load. Let’s see how to disable it.
- Find the power option from the Start menu or use the shortcut of Windows+X
- Now click on power option and find additional power settings
- Once you click on that, it will open in control penal of power option
- Now click on the change plan setting option
- After that click on change advance power settings
- Now a new window will open named power setting, find the hard disk option in it
- Now change it to turn off the hard disk after to “never” on battery and in plugged in to “never”
In some settings, only one option will appear, you have a laptop, then both options will appear, change it to never. After that apply the settings and restart the PC. this will clear out the issue. If the problem with driver wudfrd failed to load still persist, then follow other methods.
4. Update Drivers
Sometimes when users upgrade to Windows 10 and the driver overwrite, some of them become incompatible with the system. They need to be updated manually in order to fix that issue. driver wudfrd failed to load windows 10 is the same problem which caused by incompatible drivers. Here is how to fix that.
- Open Run windows and “devmgmt.msc”
- Now find any drivers that have an exclamation point
- After that click on the update button
Most of the time updating driver will solve the issue related to kernel pnp and error 219. If the problem is not solved yet, try another method.
5. Reinstall USB Controllers
The last method is related to USB controller which might be causing an issue with driver wudfrd failed to load. If users tried all of the above methods, then this method will surely fix the event id 219 issue.
- Go to device manager and find USB services
- When the user clicks on Universal Serial Bus controllers, it will expand and shows all the available drivers for USB.
- Now right click on the first driver and uninstall it
- Do the same with the remaining drivers
- Once users uninstall the driver, restart the PC
- Once the PC is rebooted, windows will reinstall all the USB controller back again
FAQ for Driver WudFRd Failed to Load
1. What is driver wudfrd failed to load?
This is an error message for windows regarding the windows 10 update. When user upgrades their PC to Windows 10, they face this error in kernel pnp registered as error 219.
2. How do I fix Error 219?
Error 219 or wudfrd failed to load can be fixed by many methods. We have included every solution in this article, here is the list of them.
- Update Windows
- Enable Windows Driver Foundation Service
- Disable Hard Disk Hibernation
- Update Incompatible Drivers
- Reinstall USB Controllers
3. How to know if event id 219 error occurred?
Users will frequently get error messages like the driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0001. Until they find the solution, this error message won’t stop and possibly harm the functionality of the computer.
In this article, users will find the solution for driver wudfrd failed to load. We have mentioned five different ways to fix Error 219 in kernel pnp. If you have any questions regarding error 219 or wudfrd failed to load, then ask us in the comment section.