Remote Desktop Connection is formerly known as “Terminal Services Client” is a protocol that is developed by the brand “Microsoft”. The RDP protocol permits users with a graphical interface to connect with any other computer.
Remote Desktop Protocol exists in all the operating systems, OS like Linux, Unix, macOS, iOS, Android and other Operating systems.
Facing Authentication error while using “Remote Desktop Connection”?
In this article, you will get the solution for the Remote Desktop Connection Authentication error. We have provided the proper solution to get rid of RDP error with all the necessary steps in simple and understandable language. Read the article and implement the steps to tackle the Authentication error while using “Remote Desktop Connection” in your operating system.
Steps to tackle the faced Authentication error, while using “Remote Desktop Connection”
- Press Windows Key and Alphabet “R” both together to run the program “Regedit”.
Inside the Run blank column type “Regedit” and press the “OK” button to get into the “Registry Editor” in your operating system.
- Once the “Registry Editor” panel gets open in your operating system you will find several folders inside the “Registry Editor”. Now what you have to do is to find the folder “HKEY_CLASSES_MACHINE” and click on it.
- After clicking on the “HKEY_CLASSES_MACHINE” folder you will be able to find the “SOFTWARE” folder kindly click on it.
- Once you click on the “SOFTWARE” folder you will be able to find the option for “Microsoft” click on it to proceed further with the resolving process for the faced Authentication error while using Remote Desktop Connection protocol in your operating system.
- After clicking on the “Microsoft” option you will be able to see the “Windows” folder kindly click on it to proceed further with the process to resolve the face error while using RDP.
- Once you click on the Windows folder kindly click on the option “CurrentVersion” and proceed further.
- Inside the “CurrentVersion” option you will be able to find the folder named “Policies” kindly click on it to continue with the resolving process for the faced error while using the protocol RDP.
- Once you click on the folder “Policies” you will be able to see several other mini folders, one among them is “System” folder, kindly right click on system folder and create a new mini folder by dragging the mouse cursor in a NEW option to find the “Key” tab and click on it.
- Now Kindly click on “key” TAB and enter “CredSSP” as the new mini key folder name and save.
- Now what you have to do is simply right click on the newly created mini folder “CredSSP” and drag the mouse cursor and select the option.
- Now kindly enter the name to the key as “Parameters” and save it.
- The next step is to simply right click on the newly created mini folder “Parameter” and drag the mouse cursor to the new tab and select the option “DWORD (32-bit) Value and proceed further.
- Now enter the value name as “AllowEncryptionOracle” and save. You will find the Data Value is null.
- The next step is to right-click on the “AllowEncryptionOracle” option and click on the “Modify” option to fill up the value data.
- Once you click on Modify option you will be able to see such view in your display screen with value data “0”
- Now kindly enter the 2 in the Value data box and click on the OK button to proceed further.
- Once you do the process properly you will be able to see the value data as 0*00000002 (2) near to the name “AllowEncryptionOracle” if it’s showing the decimal value 2 then you have done the process accurately.
- Now close the window and refresh your operating system and try to get use the Remote Desktop Connection protocol in your operating system, the faced authentication error will vanish and you will be able to access the RDP without facing any error.
Note: In case if you are facing the same authentication error while using the Remote Desktop Connection than we insist you to kindly “Restart” your Operating System and try again to use the RDP, you will not face the error.
We hope you got the valuable information to your related search for “Complete Solution for Remote Desktop Connection error-CredSSP/Parameters” if you have any other question for the same topic or willing to give any feedback to us, we request you to kindly note it down in the below-given comment section. We will be thankful to you for your valuable feedback and will be happy to assist you with your asked questions. – Thank You!