VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR is an error or bug from Microsoft and now plenty of Windows operating system users facing this issue whenever they move to Windows 10. The Windows 10 anniversary update has actually made its users irritating. Though, VIDEO_DXGKRNL FATAL_ERROR on Windows 10 comes infrequently on the desktop screen and interrupts your daily tasks on Windows PC.
- 1 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR – Fixing Guide
VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR – Fixing Guide
So, if you got the Blue Screen of Death error “VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR” on your computer, you’re not alone in the Windows community. But you don’t need to worry about it because we have some tried and tested methods to fix this error.
But, what are the causes of VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR, let’s find out:
There are many factors that cause the VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR on your Windows 10 PC, some of them listed here –
- Corrupted System file
- Outdated drivers
- Hardware crash and other related issues
How to Fix VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR?
Once you have known the causes it is now easy for you to check and apply below tried and tested methods that will help you to get rid of the error.
Method 1: Scan for Malware infection
One of the possible causes of this blue screen of death error is the malware infection. So you need to do a full system malware scan with a trusted antivirus product.
When you find any possible malware or viruses, vanish them complete from your Windows 10 PC, and then restart your PC as instructed.
Method 2: Here You Need to Update Graphics Card Driver
The blue screen of death error could be caused by outdated or incompatible graphics or display card driver. You can update your graphics card driver to fix this error:
Follow the process to fix VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR:
- First, go to your Keyboard, press the Windows Key + X together at the same time, then tap on Device Manager.
- Now find and expand the category of Display Adapters.
- Now right-click on your video card driver and tap on Update Driver.
- Click Search Automatically for updated driver software.
- If the Windows shows you the message like “The best drivers for your device are already installed”.
- Then you need to search for needed drivers on the manufacturer website by yourself.
These methods require certain levels of computer skills and knowledge if you don’t want to follow above methods, simply move to Method 3.
Method 3: Repair Corrupted System Files
- Open the Command Prompt as Admin and type sfc /scannow
- Now, in most cases, you need to switch to the Safe Mode in order to fix the issues.
Method 4: Perform the Clean Boot
You can run Windows 10, Clean Boot, it will surely help you to fix this issue.
Method 5: Update Graphics Card Driver Automatically
As mentioned, faulty and outdated drivers can cause such issues, and to fix it, you should verify that all your devices have the right driver, and update those that don’t.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is the ultimate software to find the un-updated drivers, and automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the PRO version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro Version, it takes just 2 clicks.
- First, Download and install Driver Easy.
- Now, run the Driver Easy and tap on Scan Now button, and driver easy will then scan your entire PC and detect any problem drivers.
- Now, tap on Update button and next to that flagged graphics card to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver.
- Or simply tap on Update All to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
We hope you find this post helpful and informative on VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR on Windows 10 as Blue Screen of Death. So now you can fix VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR easily. If you still have any doubt or feedback, please drop your queries, questions, feedback in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.