We all love Windows from the bottom of our hearts since ages and since we all introduce by Microsoft Windows 10 with amazing features that makes windows more user-friendly and comes with frequent Windows updates.
Whenever Windows users while upgrading their Windows 10 operating system, they all have seen tons of errors but Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99% is one of the most irritating error because we cannot do anything on the screen.
Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99 Percent
Now if you are also experiencing the same issue and don’t know how to fix stuck windows 10 at 99%, then you don’t need to worry and find the solution on the different place because on WindowsPCSecrets we shared all best Windows Tips and Tricks and solution guides.
So we are going to explain you some quick methods that will help you to fix this issue but first, let us check out the main reason behind this error in your Windows 10 operating system.
Why Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing?
Well, Windows 10 update assistant stuck at 99 errors can come because of various reasons but most of the times it occurred because of below reasons:
- Errors in Windows Update Program.
- Pending Windows 7 Updates.
- Some Hardware Issues.
There are some more reasons as well, but the majority of Windows users find these reasons for Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99 percent. But below we are going to share our tried and tested methods which help us to fix this error in no time and you can also follow our guide to fix this error instantly and if you follow our easy to follow methods than you can fix this error easily without taking help from your geek friends.
How to Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%?
We know this is one of the most irritating errors in Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%, and we also experience the same issue while Windows 10 Upgrade. If you want to fix this error simply follow methods and you can fix this issue easily.
So let’s fix this error Upgrading Windows Stuck at 99% error:
Method #1: Delete Software Distribution Folder Content
The Windows 10 update assistant stuck at 99, is the most annoying error. To solve this error, you have to remove the contents of Software Distribution folder’s subfolder downloads. Well, we have an easy method that will help you to get rid of this critical mistake. To do this method, follow below steps:
- Open the dialogue box on your Windows device and you can also use the shortcut Windows Key + R keys together to open the run dialogue box.
- Now in the run field, dialogue types the below-given command: C\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and here is the C Root Drive of the system. If the root drive of your PC is different then you need to write the name of the source drive instead of C.
- Here you will check the content of downloads folder, now delete all the content of this folder completely.
- Now restart your system.
After restarting your device again then try the installation process and we hope you are going to update your Windows operating system without stuck at 99% process.
Method #2: A Quick Batch File
So now we are going to share our next method, whereby making a quick batch file that will help you in removing the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant stuck at 99 installing error. So follow below steps to do this method:
- Open the Notepad on your system.
- Now in the notepad Type the below text:
Simply Copy and Paste Text:
@ECHO OFF echo this script is intended to stop Windows Update being COMPLETELY and UTTERLY rubbish echo. PAUSE echo. attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2 attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.* net stop wuauserv net stop CryptSvc net stop BITS ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old ren “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader” downloader.old net Start BITS net start CryptSvc net start wuauserv echo.
- Now you need to save the file with the file name “bat” and keep it safe at the location of your PC from where you can quickly locate it, that’s why saved it on your desktop screen.
- Now after that, Right-Click on the file and from the option selects Run As Administrator
- Now after that, File has finished the process, and Restart Your System.
After restarting your PC, try the Winodws update process once more, and now we hope your issue will fix and windows update stuck at 99 percent never comes back.
Also Read: Fix Svchost.exe (netsvcs) Memory Leak or High CPU Usage Errors
Method #3: Update Windows 7 Pending Updates
The real reaon for Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99% installing trouble might be pending all the updates of Windows 7. So, to fix this issue, first check all the updates whether they updated or not. If not then you have to update them. The steps to do that:
- Open the settings on your PC.
- Now check Windows Update Option and click on it.
- From there tap on Check For Updates
- Now it will give you the available updated for your Windows, and simply update them first.
- It will not stop your windows 10 upgrade at 99% process.
Once you update the pending updates, restart you’re Windows PC, and then restarting your system will fix your upgrade windows system error.’
Also Read: QuickTime for Windows 10
Related Queries On Search Engines:
- windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99% installing
- windows 10-anniversary update stuck at 99
- windows 10 update stuck at 99
- windows update stuck at 99 percent
- windows 10 creators update stuck at 99
- working on updates 99 windows
- windows 10 upgrade stuck checking for updates
- windows 10 update assistant restarting
So now we have shared all best three methods to fix Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99 Percent while installing Windows 10 and you can follow all our methods to fix this issue. So, now you will never stuck at 99% while installing Windows 10 Upgrade process, and enjoy your latest Windows 10. If you like this post then please share this post on your social media handle so you can help your Windows user friends.