As we know our hard drives aren’t indestructible, we require backup software for our computers. Backup software ensures that we are protected if our primary drive fails.
Whether you’re a business or a home user, having backup software for all your papers and data is critical; otherwise, you risk losing everything if your hard drive crashes.
So, if you’re looking for the best backup software for Windows 10, you’re out of luck. Because there is so much software available on the internet, I understand how time-consuming it is to discover the finest backup program. However, we tested and assessed certain software based on price, support, features, user-friendliness, and performance. Among these, we choose the top ten best Windows backup software. To understand more about the best backup software, read the complete article.
EaseUs ToDo Backup (Free)
EaseUS ToDo Backup is a ten-year-old solution that offers solutions for enterprises, home users, and even service providers. It has applications for both the Windows (XP and higher) and Mac operating systems.
It can manage an incremental or full backup for up to 16TB of data in the Home and Home Office grade, including multiple partitions, hardware RAID, and cloud backups.
This Windows backup software is one of the best backup software which offers all of the essential features that the best backup software should have. It offers all of the standard functions as well as a few extras, such as smart backups and pre-OS software. Its performance is precise, and its email assistance is adequate. You can try this software risk-free, and it’s a free utility, so there’s no need to pay anything.
- Allows you to make a backup of the system partition.
- You can make your backups more secure.
- It’s simple to locate files in a backup.
- Allows you to change a variety of parameters
- Multiple backup techniques are supported.
- Even if you don’t have a recovery disc, you can restore the system partition.
- Backs up entire hard drives, individual partitions, and files and folders.
- unable to subscribe to email alerts.
- Event-based backups aren’t supported.
- File exclusions cannot be enabled.
EaseUs ToDo Backup Pricing
Basic: Free | Advanced: $59 (lifetime licence); $29.95 – $39.95 annual subscription | 30-day free trial.
Acronis True Image 2021 can be a superb choice if you’re seeking the best backup software for your home computer. This software gives all the capabilities required of trustworthy backup software, including backing up all the photographs on your PC or backing up the data you want to store to an FTP server or a flash drive.
This backup program transmits data to both a local drive and a cloud solution at the same time. It can also perform cloning and mirror imaging for your rig’s system drive with just two clicks.
Acronis True Image includes an anti-ransomware function that identifies and can even reverse unlawful encryption of a hard disc, ensuring that data is protected from this increasingly common type of attack. It also has backup capabilities for mobile devices. On the flip side, all of this archiving consumes some system resources and can potentially slow down boot times.
- Backup and synchronization are lightning-fast.
- Mobile device support is excellent.
- Assists you in providing powerful data protection to your staff.
- Maintain company continuity by minimizing user downtime.
- Support for a variety of systems.
- Reporting and monitoring can be done in a variety of ways.
- Verify the backup’s legitimacy.
- It can be difficult to navigate the interface.
- It uses up a lot of the system’s resources.
- The time for restoration is slow.
Acronis True Image Backup Software Pricing
30-day free trial.
Basic: $59.99 (lifetime license)
Advanced: $49.99 – $99.99 per year | 30-day free trial.
IDrive is a California-based backup provider that has been in operation since 1995. Although its cloud backup plan is limited in terms of functionality, it excels in areas such as advanced backup, performance, and affordability.
IDrive works without an additional license across numerous PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, allowing you to use the same account across all of your devices. IDrive is similar to Apple Time Machine in that it allows you to restore a file at any point in its history. Before it was corrupted or encrypted by malware, ideally. You can even restore files you’ve destroyed if you do it within 30 days of throwing them away.
Thus, Idrive is the most comprehensive solution for all of your devices. People who manage a small business will find it simple to use. You can easily backup, change, and see your data from a dashboard. This application can also be installed remotely.
- The annual charge is less than our monthly Market Standard of 10 cents per GB.
- Best backup software to share files.
- Provides excellent client service.
- Allows you to control how much bandwidth you use.
- There is a “Restore Wizard” available.
- You can restore files for an indefinite time.
- The company has been in operation for at least 5 years.
- A server backup is included in the Professional package.
- Reports such as device status reports, backup activity reports, user backup reports, and so on can be created by the administrator.
- From a single location, you can keep track of your account’s activity.
- Reporting tools make it simple to administer the computer.
- Create policies for any target audience.
- Backup health can be checked by IT managers, families, and administrators.
- Only a yearly plan is available.
- There is a limit to how much storage you can have.
IDrive Cloud Backup Software Pricing
IDrive offers a free basic subscription that only allows you to sync up to 5 GB of data online.
IDrive Personal offers 2 TB of storage for $69.50 per year or $139 for two years. The storage capacity can be increased from 2 TB to 5 TB.
IDrive Business plan includes 250 TB of cloud storage and costs $99.50 for a year or $199 for two years. This storage space can be expanded up to 12.5 TB.
Your data is stored in the cloud by Backblaze. It is simple, inexpensive, quick, and straightforward to use. It is possible to save a limitless amount of data using this tool. Such software can also be used to back up your Mac or PC. This software is one of the best backup software because it comes in three different versions. Personal backup, commercial backup, and B2 cloud storage are the three options.
To keep your data safe and secure, this software employs AES 128 encryption. As an extra degree of security, you can optionally add a private encryption key. Make careful you don’t lose the key because you’ll lose the data permanently if you do.
Backblaze also provides a tool called Locate My Computer, which is quite useful. This feature keeps track of your computer’s position and comes in handy if you misplace it.
Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP are all supported by Backblaze.
- There is no limit to how much data you can save.
- Two-factor authentication and private encryption keys are supported.
- Backups and restores can be done using a mailed drive.
- In our tests, we saw fast upload speeds.
- It’s possible to look for your backup with this feature.
- Keep a record of your backup.
- It can be used wherever and anywhere you want.
- Backups can be set up to run regularly.
- Only Single-computer licenses are available.
- Method for choosing a complicated backup.
- There isn’t any integration with the File Explorer or Finder.
- The ability to sync folders is missing.
BackBlaze Backup Software Pricing
Backblaze offers a 15-day free trial.
The commercial and individual plans cost the same $6 per computer per month. If you pay for a year in advance, the cost is reduced to $60 each year.
Individual users will pay around $100 for a two-year subscription, while businesses would pay $110.
Unlike most backup services, CloudBerry Backup focuses on offering actual server space for your files. Instead of providing its storage servers, it allows you to choose from a variety of storage providers, allowing you to manage all of your accounts and backups from a single location.
CloudBerry Labs produced and handled the software at first, but the company has subsequently changed hands and relaunched it as MSP360. Despite the new branding on the website, the software remains the old CloudBerry Backup moniker, which is a bit confusing.
CloudBerry Backup is jam-packed with features and tools, making it ideal for power users who prefer a do-it-yourself approach. However, if you’re just searching for a quick backup, CloudBerry is probably not the best option. Although the interface is well-organized, it has a design that feels like it belongs in the early 2000s. Nonetheless, if you pair CloudBerry Backup with the correct storage provider, its security, privacy, and speed are all superb.
- It has a lot of features.
- It gives you a lot of power.
- Many storage sources are supported.
- Best backup software for Excellent security and privacy.
- Excellent acceleration.
- Customer service is responsive.
- There are several backup alternatives available.
- Make sophisticated features available.
- Many cloud providers are supported.
- The user interface appears to be outdated.
- Not for non-technical users.
- The annual maintenance fee is debatable.
MSP360 Backup Software Backup Pricing
A single computer costs $49.99 as a one-time payment for a Windows desktop PC with a maximum storage capacity of 5TB. The Windows Server license costs $119.99 and is limited to 1TB of storage.
If you want to safeguard SQL or Exchange servers, you’ll have to pay $149.99 and $229.99 per computer, respectively, or pay $299.99 for the Ultimate edition, including desktop, server, Exchange, and SQL. If you have a large cloud storage facility, then the version has no storage constraints.
The cheapest edition is $29.99 and is available for Apple Mac and Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat, CentOS, or Suse) computers.
Those who wish to protect VMware or Hyper-V virtual machines will have to pay $299.99.
6. CloudBerry Backup
For IT service providers, small enterprises, IT experts, and tech support, CloudBerry is complete data security and backup solution. It uses Google Cloud, B2, Wasabi cloud storage, Azure, and AWS to increase revenue. Windows, Windows Server, Linux, and macOS are all supported by this software.
CloudBerry isn’t your standard cloud service, but it’s a fantastic backup control center. It means it doesn’t provide cloud storage but rather assists you in storing your files on one or more cloud platforms of your choice and managing all of your backups from a single location.
CloudBerry is the best backup software for Windows 10 because of two significant unique selling qualities. The first is that it supports 65 storage destinations, including Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, and OneDrive, among others. The second benefit is that it applies to a wide range of storage circumstances.
- Supports a variety of operating systems and provides cross-platform backup.
- Encrypt data with 256-bit AES encryption.
- There are numerous alternatives for storing data locally or on the cloud.
- To save storage space, this server backup program compresses data.
- Backups at the block level are available.
- A wide range of backup sources is supported.
- BYOS (Bring-Your-Own-Storage) solution.
- System images can be restored to Amazon S3 or Azure.
- There is no vendor lock-in.
- There is no central management.
- There is no service component in backup software.
- The cost of additional server options is high.
CloudBerry Backup Pricing
They have a free version for Windows, but it only allows you to save 200 GB of data on the cloud. The Windows Desktop edition costs $49.99 per computer and manages up to 5 TB of cloud storage.
7. O&O DiskImage Backup Software 16: Backup software for windows
O&O DiskImage 14 Professional is another excellent backup program that allows you to receive frequent updates from the O&O newsletter. This software allows you to back up your entire system or individual files and discs, depending on your needs. The nicest aspect is that you can back up while your computer is running. Even if Windows is not started, the backups may be retrieved in just a few clicks.
What’s more fascinating is that the software has capabilities for both personal users and IT pros in a single package. To create the best backup environment, you can use the many defaults and other options defined by users. It also allows you to create an external drive utilizing a copy of your PC as well as boot media.
- This tool’s data restoration service is quick and painless.
- This software employs Volume Shadow Service, also known as VSS, instead of the filter driver that is used by most backup products.
- It also provides a predefined time for backups to occur automatically and without interruption.
- This software should be used if you want to mount your image.
- Best backup software for home and business
- Users must manually recover data because it does not restore itself.
- The user interface is quite slow.
O&O Diskimage Backup software 16 Pricing
This software comes with a 30-day free trial period, after which you may purchase it for a one-time fee of $49.95 for one computer and $69.95 for five computers.
AOMEI Backupper Professional is one of the best backup software for windows 10 capable of backing up a wide range of data. Disk cloning, partition backup, and entire disc backup are all available, as well as simple file/folder backup.
It has a number of choices and functions for scheduling backups, such as hourly and daily, but no option for event-based backups. It also means that you won’t be able to encrypt your data using a password. It also has tools for compressing and splitting huge files into smaller ones, making it easier to save or upload them on a portable device such as a USB flash drive.
The Pro version of Aomei allows you to make bootable USB and CD drives, access image files, verify backups for faults, and merge several files. There is a free version of this software available, however, it lacks capabilities like differential backup and system clone.
- Supports Windows XP through the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, making it a ubiquitous Windows tool.
- The automated synchronization of files on your PC is performed.
- All of your papers are entirely backed up without the need to restart your computer.
- The AOMEI backup program allows you to view earlier backups even after the data has been upgraded.
- Customizable to the extreme.
- For what you receive, it’s a good deal.
- There are no encryption options.
- Backups of files with long file names are not performed.
Aomei Backupper professional Pricing
Aomei Backupper Pro comes with a free 30-day trial period. As a result, you will have complete control over this software at this moment. If you like it, you can have two copies of the software for $49.95.
One of the best backup software for Windows is Paragon Backup and Recovery, which provides worry-free data and system backup. You can save the backup as a Paragon Image (PVHD) file if you want to password secure it. Aside from that, the tool can save data to a VMWare Image (VMDK) or a Microsoft Virtual PC Image (VHD) file. Backups are also supported on an incremental basis. There are options for compressing a backup and determining how much splitting, if any, should be done to break it up into smaller chunks.
It’s a little more difficult to use Paragon Backup & Recovery than some of the better applications on this list. Also, because the setup file is over 150 MB in size, it may take some time to download.
Remember before you can fully utilize the application, you must first create a free user account on their website. That, or log in with a different account, such as your Google account, when you first launch the program.
- It can backup both differential and incremental data.
- Provide event-based scheduling options.
- Encrypt data if possible.
- Backup plans that make it simple to set up and run automated backup operations.
- It’s useful for recovering entire discs, operating systems, partitions, or single data.
- Provides WinPE-based restoration media, which is a helpful utility that allows users to perform additional operations with a bootable flash drive.
- There isn’t any cloud integration.
- There is no backup validation feature.
- Every launch necessitates a license check.
Paragon Backup & Recovery Pricing
For non-commercial usage, it’s free; for business use, it’s $99 – $899 per year; and there’s a 30-day free trial.
FBackup software is one of the best backup software regardless of how old it is, it still has amazing features to make your work easier and secure.
Individual files can be backed up and saved to a local, external, or network folder, as well as Google Drive, using FBackup.
For your convenience, The backup procedure is guided by an easy-to-use wizard, which offers predefined backup locations such as the Documents and Pictures folder, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Chrome settings, among others. You can also add your files and folders to a backup operation with FBackup. By selecting a word in the folder or file name, as well as the type of file extension, you can exclude particular data from an operation.
Full and Mirror backup types are both available. A full backup compresses all contents into ZIP folders, whereas a mirror creates a non-compressed copy of the files. Both have encryption capabilities. A backup can be restored using FBackup’s built-in restoration software, which allows you to restore everything or selected files to their original or new location.
- Protect files using a password.
- ZIP64 can handle files up to 2 GB in size.
- Backup can be done locally or over a network.
- Backups in two locations.
- Backups are stored in the cloud.
- It’s simple to use.
- Differential and incremental backups are both available.
- There is no support for restoring the system.
- There is no support for disc cloning.
FBackup Software Pricing
FBackup is available for free.