With the growing demand for high-quality digital content and the stiff competition in the digital market, it’s become essential to use video editing software to make stunning videos. A good video editing software can enhance the quality of a video, creating a good impression on customers. If the video’s content is compelling, it may certainly help enhance product sales and provide a high return on investment for both online and offline businesses.
With so many high-quality video editing software options available, if you’re new to the video editing field, you might be wondering which one is ideal for beginners. Is there any free video editing software available for users of Windows PCs?
We’ve put up a list of the best free video editing tools for 2021. Our selection focuses on the most versatile video editing software we could discover. While each user’s demands are unique, this guide will give you a decent idea of what to anticipate from each video editor and how to get the most of it.
Best Free Video Editing Software For Windows 10 in 2021
In this article, we’ve prepared a list of some of the best free video editing software for Windows. Desktop programs or software outperform mobile apps in terms of capability, editing, and ease of use. Some are completely free, while others have a trial version that ranges from basic to advanced capability, depending on your tastes.
Blender is a free video editing program that is open source and can be used for any purpose. It was originally intended to be a 3D animation suite, but recent upgrades have included video editing capabilities. I believe the functions and capabilities provided by this product are sufficient to meet your video editing requirements.
It is interesting to know that Hundreds of developers from all around the world contributed to the software’s development. Blender’s software has a large number of tools thanks to its large user base.
Some of the core abilities of Blender include the ability to trim and split videos. It can also do more complicated tasks, such as video masking. It serves as a guide and a source of support for everyone. And, certainly, it is adaptable to all levels of experience, from beginners to experts.
- A path-tracer engine is used to render dynamic objects in a realistic manner.
- Advanced rendering methods to help you save and export your project faster.
- Option to program game logic into video game production tools.
- For realistic kinematics, use advanced character animation tools.
- Visual effects and vignettes from a large library.
- Waveform visualization, audio mixing, scrubbing, and synchronization.
- Displays include a live preview, chroma vectorscope, luma waveform, and histogram.
- Adjustment layers, speed control, transitions, filters, keyframes, and a slew of other features are all available.
- Images, video, effects, and music can be added to up to 32 spaces.
- It is a completely open-source and free platform. Designed for inexperienced animators.
- Collision detection, dynamic re-enactments, and logic are all included in the interactive game.
- TGA, JPG, IRIS, HDRI, and TIFF are among the graphic formats supported by Blender. It can also read files created in Inventor.
- A logic brick system is integrated into a 3D gaming engine. Python programming is used for additional control.
- Inverse Kinematics, Grid Strains, Load Vertices, and Static and Dynamic Particles are all included.
- The majority of the tutorials were geared toward 3D animation and modeling.
- Because of the feature’s vast array, the learning curve becomes higher.
- Because the resources available to assist you with the editor are limited, you will have to learn it on your own.
- It slows in an AMD processor with 4GB RAM.
Best for: More advanced projects that may involve 3D animation
Available on: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
This is also one of the best video editing software packages with a plethora of useful functions. It comes in both a free and a premium edition. The free edition, on the other hand, is more than adequate for non-professional use.
High-precision video cutting, multi-cam capability, and the option to export to 720p for YouTube are just a few of its highlights. The program can handle a wide range of video formats and offers several videos and audio editing possibilities. This tool’s commercial edition can play 4K videos, but the free version can’t.
Lightworks comes with a library of original stock movies and audio clips that can be used in any video you create in the program, giving every marketing video a polished look.
- Simple, high-quality trimming functions for quick and precise video editing.
- Allowing you to continue editing while importing new content, thanks to speed improvements.
- Multicam editing for syncing clips from multiple cameras.
- Real-time team project collaboration with complete control over who has editing access.
- Videos can be quickly exported to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Instagram for easy sharing.
- 4K video support is only available in commercial versions; some editors offer it for free.
- It is considered advanced by a small percentage of people.
Available for: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Price: Free, $24.99 per month for the Pro version.
Shotcut is a cross-platform, open-source video editor with a large library of tutorial videos. It also works with FFmpeg, 4K, ProRes, and DNxHD, among other formats. However, because Shotcut was initially created for Linux, some users may find the interface a little odd. Regardless, it’s still a fantastic editor.
Shotcut also has a lot of audio editing capabilities, so it’s great for audiophiles. Users may change bass and treble, create bandpass filters, modify gain, apply dynamic compression, and more with its array of audio fine-tuning options.
- FFmpeg, the main multimedia framework, provides support for the most recent audio and video formats.
- Users can import video files directly into their project file rather than using a media library, thanks to native timeline editing.
- Within a project, use a multi-format timeline to mix and match resolutions and frame rates.
- 4K HD resolution support
- Balance, bass, and treble, as well as bandpass filters, compressors, and other advanced audio filters, are available.
- Support for 4K resolution for free.
- Editing the timeline in native mode.
- It is Beginner friendly because it comes with a large collection of tutorial videos.
- It is also good for audio editing.
- Its extensive feature set can be daunting, and not all tutorials are available for free
Available for: Windows, Mac, and Linux
VSDC is a free 360 video editing software that is only available for Windows. Color correction and audio editing are among the functions available in the free edition. Color blending allows you to customize the look of the video to match your brand. Filters similar to those seen on Instagram are also available to help beginners save time when editing.
Video stabilization, powerful post-production effects, slideshow/presentation capabilities, 3D diagram templates, and direct social media distribution are all available if you have the funds to purchase the full edition.
- For a more professional appearance, use a color-correction tool.
- A comprehensive set of transitional effects.
- Image filters that are comparable to those seen on Instagram.
- Masking tools can be used to hide, blur, or emphasize individual areas.
- Share videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo with this social media link.
- For processing 4K and HD videos, HEVC/H.265 (a sophisticated video compression technology) is designed to maintain maximum quality at the smallest file size.
- It has a few qualities that make it stand out.
- Exports to a number of different video formats.
- It comes with a screen recorder.
- A strong set of capabilities.
- It is beginners friendly and is easy to learn.
- Only for Windows users.
- There is no free technical assistance available.
Available for: Windows
Price: Free, $19.99 for the Pro version
For Windows and Mac users, HitFilm Express is one of the best free 360 video editing tools. It has everything you’d expect from a basic editor (splicing, cutting, and audio editing), as well as a lot more. While HitFilm may be a tad advanced for some users, it is unquestionably one of the greatest all-around free video editors available. Over 180 special effects are included in the free package.
However, in order to get this video editing software for free, you must share the status update on social media. In exchange for this complex software, I believe it is a minor inconvenience.
It also offers a store where you can purchase add-ons if you want more than the basic functionality. However, the majority of consumers consider it sufficient and do not make any further purchases.
- With motion tracking, color pickers, and cropping tools, you can edit videos like a pro.
- Enhancements to composite shots that allow you to animate two different shots together for fantastic video effects.
- An auto-stabilizer to smooth out shaky footage
- Create an unlimited number of video and audio timeline tracks.
- After you’ve added your clips to the timeline, you can re-trim them with this adaptive trimmer.
- Ability to replicate a set of attributes from one clip and apply them to another or a project as a whole.
- For professional-quality output, use an audio mixer to fine-tune the sound.
- Push, zoom, and dissolve are just a few of the transition choices available.
- One of the best Free video editor software for professional use
- . Many built-in transitions and effects. Material for learning.
- It is feasible to hire a professional editor.
- Also suitable for low-end computers.
- It’s ideal for YouTubers.
- There are only a few transitions in the collection.
- There is no option for green screen editing.
- The learning curve is steep.
It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows.
Price: Free for the basic version, $349 for the pro version
The most advanced and the best video editing software on the list is DaVinci Resolve. It includes a lot of professional video features, yet the interfaces are still simple. You can master audio and color correction in addition to video slicing and trimming. You may also add 2D and 3D titles to your movie using the program.
DaVinci supports both offline and online editing, and its high-performance playback engine speeds up editing and trimming, especially for processor-intensive file types like H.264 and RAW. The complicated capabilities of DaVinci Resolve may be too much for some people, but the free version is ideal for more advanced work.
- Quick navigating, cutting, and trimming thanks to a dual timeline.
- A dedicated trimming interface that allows you to edit in great detail.
- Intelligent auto-editing that automatically syncs audio and video segments.
- Picture-in-picture effects, retiming, stabilization, dynamic zoom, text, and audio are all built-in.
- Face recognition detects faces in your videos and builds bins depending on the persons in each frame automatically.
- Easily and realistically speed up or slow down clips with high-quality motion estimate speed alterations and frame rate conversions.
- Color correction is fantastic.
- Interfaces that are simple to use.
- Not suitable for beginners.
Windows, Mac, and Linux are all supported.
Price: Free, with a complete Studio version costing $269.
OpenShot is a wonderful video editing application for newbies because of its simple user interface. While more complex applications may have more editing features, OpenShot’s user-friendly interface and minimalist design are ideal for basic editing.
With its simple drag-and-drop interface, it may remind some Mac users of iMovie. Openshot, on the other hand, has more functionality than iMovie, such as infinite layers and audio mixing.
For clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, and rotation, OpenShot is an excellent choice for small companies. Credit scrolling, frame stepping, time mapping, audio editing, and real-time preview are among the other features.
- Watermarks, backdrop films, and audio recordings can all be layered in an unlimited number of ways.
- Templates for title cards that can be customized.
- Easily add video, music, or image files with drag-and-drop capabilities.
- For green-screen effects, digital video effects like brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, and chroma key compositing are used.
- For making animated videos, powerful key-frame animation capabilities are available.
- There are no restrictions on the number of levels.
- It’s free and open source.
- Not enough tutorial
Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux are all supported.
Free of charge
VideoPad is one of the greatest or the best video editing software for getting started with multimedia video editing. It’s ideal for anyone just getting started with video compositions because it’s simple and straightforward to use. Advanced video editors, on the other hand, may find it too simple.
You may add special effects, overlays, texts, and transitions to your films, as well as color correction and sound effects. Then quickly and effortlessly export all of your finished videos to YouTube, Facebook, Google Drive, and other mobile devices.
- For easy and straightforward editing, there’s a built-in double screen (one for previewing selected clips, the other for previewing the entire sequence).
- Transitions that are pre-made and can be customized for a finished look.
- Exporting presets allows you to quickly make video files that are tailored for various platforms, such as Facebook and YouTube, and publish them directly from the app.
- To immediately distribute videos online, you can use social media sharing and publishing tools.
- To modify videos, there is a wide library of video transitions and graphic effects to choose from.
- Stabilization and other video enhancement tools are available.
- VideoPad is compatible with almost all video formats and can handle any resolution.
- Installing and using it is quite simple and quick.
- Exporting films to YouTube and other social media networks has never been easier.
- Too simple for more advanced users.
Available for: Mac, Windows
On a Windows computer, Machete Lite is one of the best free video editors for completing quick editing jobs. You can’t modify audio with the free version, but you may remove audio tracks. In addition, the free version can only play AVI and WMV files.
To get access to more features and services, you’ll need to upgrade to the pro or full version, which costs $19.95 a month. It allows you to edit audio and supports a wider range of file types.
- Shortcut keys that can be customized.
- Video files that support H.265 (HEVC) video streaming.
- WMV, MSS, and other video and audio codecs are supported.
- Video file fragments can be cut, copied, deleted, saved, and pasted.
- Combine two video files into one.
- In Windows, you can save a video frame as.bmp,.png, or.jpg.
- Simple and straightforward to use.
- A strong set of capabilities
- Only for Windows users.
- There is no free technical assistance available.
Available for: Windows
Price: Free but the Pro version cost $19.95 a month
Avidemux is one of the best video editing tools for beginners wanting to create engaging video content because of its simple UI. This software can assist you with basic chores. Avidemux, like Machete Video Editor Lite, allows you to conduct basic video editing (but not audio editing) without compromising video quality. Avidemux, on the other hand, has a couple more tricks up its sleeve.
AVI, DVD, MPEG, QuickTime, and MP4 are among the video formats supported by the application. Furthermore, Avidemux has a number of video filters that let you do everything from flipping and rotating clips to adding subtitles and altering color and brightness levels.
- Make use of a number of different codecs.
- Many file kinds are supported, including AVI, MP4, ASF, and DVD-compatible MPEG files.
- Tasks can be automated using projects.
- Cutting and combining film are made easier with this simple interface.
- Simple to use; simply download and begin utilizing.
- In comparison to other apps, it has limited features.
Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux
It all comes down to the Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows. We hope you find the list we’ve compiled for you to be useful. There is a lot more software out there, but we found the ten listed above to be the finest after evaluating a lot of them.
They all have advantages and disadvantages, and you must choose based on your needs and usage.
Please share your thoughts in the comments box below, and if you require assistance, our team is there to assist you. Thank you!