The Amazon FireStick is a great device to stream and watch content from streaming platforms directly on your television. The Amazon FireStick comes with a remote controller that makes it easier for you to control the functions of your Amazon FireStick device while sitting in the comfort of your couch.
However, there are some issues that most Amazon FireStick users come across. Issues regarding the Amazon FireStick remote not working or FireStick remote not pairing is really common among the users.
If you too are facing issues related to the Amazon FireStick remote not working or pairing, then today we are here with a list of solutions to fix the issue.
- 1 How to Fix FireStick Remote Not Working/Not Pairing Issues?
- 1.1 Solution 1: Check whether the Amazon FireStick Remote is Connected to your Fire TV?
- 1.2 How to Connect Amazon FireStick Remote to Amazon Fire TV?
- 1.3 Solution 2: Replace the Batteries of your Amazon FireStick Remote
- 1.4 Solution 3: Check if Whether the Remote Buttons Have Stopped Working
- 1.5 Solution 4: Check if There Are Any Connection Issues
- 1.6 Solution 5: The Remote is Far Away from the Fire TV Device
- 1.7 Solution 6: The Remote Could be Damaged
How to Fix FireStick Remote Not Working/Not Pairing Issues?
There could be various reasons because of which you’re facing the Amazon FireStick remote not working or not pairing error.Below are some of the solutions that you can follow to try and fix the Amazon FireStick remote not working issue.
Solution 1: Check whether the Amazon FireStick Remote is Connected to your Fire TV?
One of the first things to check is if the Amazon FireStick remote is connected to your Amazon Fire TV device or not.
To check the same, follow the below steps:
- On your Amazon Fire TV application, click on “Settings”.
- Within the Settings menu, click on “Controller and Bluetooth Devices”.
- Now, click on “Amazon Fire TV Remotes”.
If you can see your Amazon FireStick remote listed under the list of “Amazon Fire TV Remotes” list, then you can verify that the remote you’re using is indeed connected to the Amazon Fire TV.
How to Connect Amazon FireStick Remote to Amazon Fire TV?
In case you do not find the Amazon FireStick remote listed by following the above steps, below is how you can connect Amazon FireStick remote to the Amazon Fire TV device.
- First of all, if the Fire TV device is powered ON, unplug/plug your Amazon Fire TV device again.
- When the Amazon Fire TV home screen loads up, press and hold the “Home” button on your Amazon FireStick remote for about 30 seconds.
- If the Amazon Fire TV device finds and recognizes your device, an acknowledgement message will appear in the bottom right corner of the display.
If you’re not able to connect the remote in a single try, then try to repeat the steps above to try and connect your Amazon FireStick remote to the Fire TV.
Solution 2: Replace the Batteries of your Amazon FireStick Remote
In case the Fire TV remote is not working or pairing with the TV, then one of the first steps to do is to check whether the batteries in the remote have stopped working.
Try to replace the remote batteries with new ones and check if the remote is pairing/working with your Fire TV.
Solution 3: Check if Whether the Remote Buttons Have Stopped Working
Another reason for the Amazon FireStick remote not pairing/working with your Amazon Fire TV device could be that the buttons of the remote have been damaged.
In case the pairing button or any other button required to pair/work the remote with the Amazon FireStick is damaged, then the remote will not work properly.
To verify if the issue you’re facing is because of faulty remote buttons, just try to click the other buttons on the Amazon FireStick remote and check if they generate any response on the Fire TV.
Solution 4: Check if There Are Any Connection Issues
Another reason for the Amazon FireStick remote not working with your TV could be any mistakes made in the connection to your FireTV.
To make sure that there are no connection issues, follow these steps:
- Unplug and replug all the connections of the Amazon Fire TV device to your television.
- Power OFF and ON the device and the television.
- Try to repair the remote to the Fire TV device and check if it is pairing.
In case the remote pairs with the device, then the issue could be a result of a faulty connection.
Solution 5: The Remote is Far Away from the Fire TV Device
The Amazon Fire remote communicates with the FireStick device through Bluetooth. Therefore, if you’re trying to pair the remote or work the remote by staying too far away from the FireStick device, then it could be the reason for the issue.
Try to come closer to the Amazon FireStick and try to repair and work the remote to verify if the issue was caused due to a long distance.
Solution 6: The Remote Could be Damaged
Last but not the least, the issue with pairing or working of the Amazon FireStick remote that you’re facing could also be because of a damaged remote.
The only option, in this case, to verify whether the issue is because of a damaged Amazon FireStick remote is by trying to pair another Amazon FireStick remote to the Amazon Fire TV device.
If you just want to operate the Amazon FireStick TV device and don’t necessarily require a remote controller, then there is another way by which you can control the device.
There is a free Amazon Firestick (Amazon Fire TV Remote) application available on both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store that can be downloaded and used to control the Amazon FireStick TV device without any issues.
We hope you found this article on how to fix FireStick remote not pairing/working issues in 2021 as informative and helpful. In case you have any queries, feel free to connect with us by leaving comments below and we will surely help you out.