Have you ever forgotten your wifi password? We saved our wifi password only once and our device takes care of the rest until we have to share this password with someone or accidentally forget them. If you are using windows 10, then there many ways you can view saved wifi passwords in windows 10. In this article, we will explain in detail about how to find wifi passwords in windows 10 with total ease.
How to Find WIFI Password in Windows 10
There are two ways users can find their wifi password easily. Here is the step by step guide on how to do it.
Find WIFI Password in Windows 10(Active Connection)
When you have an active wifi connection to your windows 10, you can easily find the wifi password. This trick only works when windows 10 pc is connected with active wifi and the password is already saved in the system.
- Press the Windows key and R button and at the same time to open the run window.
- Now type “ncpa.cpl” in the Run windows and click ok
- After that, select the wifi and right click on and then find status
- Now click on wireless properties
- There are two tabs in there, click on the security tab and you will find your wifi password. In the Network security key, click on show characters and you will see your wifi password.
This trick will only work when you have admin authority and your pc is connected with wifi. If you are not connected with wifi and still want to find wifi password in windows 10, then this following trick will work.
Find WIFI Password in Windows 10(Inactive Connection)
It doesn’t matter that you are connected with your wifi router or not, you can still find wifi password in windows 10. Sometimes when we accidentally disconnected from wifi and forget the password and it doesn’t connect automatically, you need to remember the password. Here is how to find wifi password in windows 10 when the connection is inactive.
- Open the command prompt from start menu and run it as administrator.
- Now run this command in CMD “netsh wlan show profiles”
- If your pc every has wifi connection, then it will show the wifi name in command prompt. Now run “netsh wlan show profile “YourWiFiName” key=clear”
- Change the “yourWIFIname” to your current wifi name, which you can find when you run the previous command.
- Now you can find your wifi password at key content
This way, users can find wifi password in windows 10 without any active connection.
We hope this article will help you find answers to How to Find WIFI Password in Windows 10. If you have any questions regarding finding wifi password, ask us in the comment section.