Facing Error 0xc0000142 in Windows PC? No need to worry you can fix it without relying on tech professionals. The article is the key solution for the faced Application Error 0xc0000142. Reading this blog will help you to gain the relevant answer for How to solve ‘Error 0xc0000142’ in Windows 2020
Usually, the Error code 0xc0000142 or any other errors occurs if there is a corrupted or missing file that exists in any of the installed application. The Application Error 0xc0000142 is faced by numerous Windows users trying to enjoy the installed game in Windows PC or making use of the installed application for certain purposes.
The main reason for the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) is faced due to missing or corrupted DLL, DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library files. Kindly read the further for the useful methods for fixing the Error 0xc0000142 in Windows 2020.
- 1 Methods to Fix ‘Application Error 0xc0000142’ in Windows
Methods to Fix ‘Application Error 0xc0000142’ in Windows
If you’re facing the Error 0xc0000142 while opening any of the game files in Windows PC, the reason behind it is corrupted or missing files. We have introduced all the useful ways with appropriate steps, which will help you solve the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)
Kindly perform the given steps in your Windows PC for solving the faced error 0xc0000142 and to run the favourable games or application in your Windows System.
Try to run the application as an administration
- Firstly right-click on the application, the same app which shows the Application Error 0xc0000142
- Now, kindly click on the last option “Properties”
- You will find “Compatibility” option kindly click on it
- Next step is to give checkmark on “Run this program as an administrator”
- Click the OK button and hit the Apply button.
- Once the process is done, kindly restart your PC and check whether the problem is solved for Error code 0xc0000142
By following the above-given steps in your Windows PC can help you to solve the Error 0xc0000142.
Uninstall the application and restart your PC, download the application or game
Try to uninstall the application that faces the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) and restart the Windows PC. Once your Windows System is active kindly re-install the same application and try to operate it in your Operating System. Usually, the Error 0xc0000142 gets resolved by performing the activity.
Run System File Checker in your Windows PC
- Open “Run” by pressing the Windows Key + R simultaneously
- Type cmd in the empty box and click OK button
- Once the Command Prompt is active in you Windows PC, input the command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key
- The process will consume some time, once done restart the Windows PC.
The process of Run System File Checker in Windows PC might solve the faced Error code 0xc0000142 in Windows PC.
Try to reset the value of LoadAppInit_DLLs in Registry
If there is any mismatch for the Dynamic Link Library files, you can find the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Kindly follow the below-given steps to solve the Error 0xc0000142 in Windows PC.
- Firstly press Windows Key + R simultaneously to launch the Run Window
- Next step is to type “regedit” and click OK button to open Registry Editor in Windows PC.
- Kindly perform the chronologically to reset the LoadAppInit_DLLs in Windows Registry Editor
- Windows NT
- LoadAppInit_DLLs: Double click on the “LoadAppInit_DLLs” option and enter “0” in Value Data and click “OK” button
- Once the process is done, kindly restart your Windows PC and check whether the Application Error 0xc0000142 is resolved or not.
Try to access the troubleshooter in Windows PC
- Firstly type “Troubleshoot” in the Windows search bar
- You will find the “Windows Update” option, kindly click on it
- Next step is to click “Run the troubleshooter”
- Once the process is done, kindly restart your Windows PC
- Try to operate the game or application and check whether the problem 0xc0000142 is resolved or not.
FAQ for Error 0xc0000142
1. What does 0xc0000142 mean?
0xc0000142 is an application error that occurs if you try to open an application which includes corrupted files. In case if there any missing files for a certain app you will find the Error 0xc0000142 in your Windows Operating System.
2. Can uninstalling a reinstalling app process solve the Error code 0xc0000142?
Yes, uninstalling a reinstalling app process might solve faced Application Error 0xc0000142 in Windows PC. Missing or corrupted files get into the proper mode and let you have smooth functioning for operating an app or game.
3. Is Nvidia a Chinese company?
No, Nvidia is not a Chinese company it is a well-known American multinational technology company. Nvidia Company designs graphics processing units for the gaming and chips units for mobile computing and automotive market.
4. What Command for Run System File Checker in your Windows PC?
Use sfc /scannow command in CMD prompt to Run System File Checker in your Windows PC. By performing this action you can get rid of the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)
5. Restarting can solve the problem 0xc0000142?
Seldom, the method of restarting Windows PC works for resolving the Application Error 0xc0000142
We hope you got the relevant information related to your search for How to solve ‘Application Error 0xc0000142’ in Windows 2020. In case if you have any other query related to the topic then we would request you to kindly note it down in the below-given comment section. We will be more than happy to assist you with a relevant answer to the asked question.