Finding an error “Plugged in not charging”? No need to worry we got you back. For helping all our beloved readers we have explained the valid methods to resolve the faced problem Laptop plugged in not charging. We would insist you invest few minutes for reading the blog-How to Fix Laptop’s “Plugged In, Not Charging” problem in 2020
There might be minor reasons for the laptop plugged in not charging, which can be resolved within a few minutes. It’s always good to find the actual fault before proceeding with a random method of solution. Kindly read the article to know all the useful methods for fixing the problem “Plugged In, Not Charging” problem 2020 in chronological manner.
- 1 Methods to fix the error “Laptop battery plugged in not charging” 2020
- 1.1 Make Sure You’re Using the Right Charger for laptop
- 1.2 Firstly check the Physical Cable Connections of Charger
- 1.3 Kindly cross check the Cable and charging socket, if any Damage
- 1.4 Try to remove laptop battery and reinsert the same
- 1.5 Update Battery Driver in your Laptop
- 1.6 Remove Battery Driver from your Laptop
Methods to fix the error “Laptop battery plugged in not charging” 2020
For our beloved readers, we have taken the initiative to provide them with useful methods for fixing up the error Laptop battery plugged in not charging.
Make Sure You’re Using the Right Charger for laptop
A valid laptop charger is the very first need for charging a laptop without any problem. If you don’t prefer a compatible charger for laptop charging than it may mislead you for facing the problem plugged In Not Charging. Do not use random or cheap chargers for charging your laptop to have a durable battery life for your laptop.
Firstly check the Physical Cable Connections of Charger
Being in a hurry you might not insert the charger properly in the charging socket of your laptop or might mislead in laptop charger cable connection. Kindly go through the minor precaution before proceeding further with the solution for Plugged in Not Charging error.
Kindly cross check the Cable and charging socket, if any Damage
The reason behind the problem Plugged in Not Charging might be some minor or major damage in the laptop’s charger or charging socket. If you get a burning smell from the laptop charger then it’s time to change it for avoiding the error laptop not charging. You will be dragged to face the problem laptop not charging error, if there is any damage in your laptops charging socket.
(Note: If you find any damage in your laptop charging socket, please do not perform any of the random methods. Kindly rely on a professional tech specialist for solution)
You can easily find the actual “Culprit” for the faced problem laptop plugged in not charging with the help of another compatible laptop charger. Simply insert a valid charger in your laptop for charging and check whether the error is resolved or not. If the issue is resolved your charger is at fault and if the problem plugged in does not persists then you have to try some other given technical methods.
Try to remove laptop battery and reinsert the same
By performing the activity unplugging battery from our phone we resolve the phone charging error; similarly you can follow the same method in your laptop device. Simply remove your laptop battery and hold the power button for a few seconds and release. Kindly insert the battery in your laptop and try to charge, hopefully the Plugged In, Not Charging problem will get resolved.
Update Battery Driver in your Laptop
Rarely the error Plugged In not charging problem is faced due to lack of update for laptop battery drivers. By updating the battery driver you can resolve the faced error laptop plugged in not charging.
Steps to update the battery driver in your laptop:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the program runner in your laptop.
- Kindly enter devmgmt.msc in the blank box and hit the enter button
- Next step is to click on “Batteries” option
- Now move your cursor to the option “Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery” and left click to find the “Update Driver Software” option.
- Simply click on “Update Driver Software” for updating the laptop battery driver.
By performing the above-given steps you may be able to solve the problem Plugged In, Not Charging
Remove Battery Driver from your Laptop
Even if the issue persists after performing all the above given methods, then you must perform the method of removing the battery driver from the laptop. Kindly follow the below-given steps to resolve the problem Plugged In, Not Charging.
Steps to remove the battery driver in your laptop:
- The very first step is to remove the laptop battery
- Next step is to plug in the compatible laptop charger to turn on your laptop device.
- Once the device is active kindly refresh it for couple of times
- Use the shortcut keys (Windows key + R) to open the program runner in your laptop.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” in the blank box and hit the enter key.
- You will find “Batteries” option in the list
- Click on Batteries, to find the “Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery”
- Next step is to left click on “Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery” and uninstall it.
FAQ for Plugged In, Not Charging
1. Why is my laptop saying plugged in not charging?
Generally the error Plugged In, Not Charging occurs when you try to insert a defective charger in your laptop for charging. Try to use a new charger, might possible the Plugged In, Not Charging problem will be resolved.
2. How do you fix plugged in not charging?
To fix the problem plugged in not charging, you have to perform the below-given useful methods.
- Firstly check the Physical Cable Connections of Charger
- Make Sure You’re Using the Right Charger for laptop
- Kindly cross check the Cable and Ports, if any Damage
- Give a try by using another Charger
- Go through the Windows and Lenovo Power Options in Laptop
- Try to unplug your laptop battery and reinsert it
- Remove Battery Driver from your Laptop
- Update Battery Driver in your Laptop
3. Why my laptop battery is not charging but is plugged in Dell?
Kindly perform the below-given steps to resolve the error laptop battery is not charging but is plugged in Dell.
- Firstly turn off your dell laptop
- Next step is to unplug the charger and remove the battery of your dell laptop
- Kindly press the power button of your dell laptop for few seconds and release
Insert the battery in your dell laptop and plugin the valid charger, the error plugged in Not Charging maybe resolved now.
4. Will a laptop run without a battery?
Yes, you can make use of your laptop without relying on battery. Majority of laptops are well capable of being a mini desktop that can be used by direct connection.
5. How do I fix battery 0% plugged in charging?
Firstly remove your laptop battery and reinsert the same in your laptop device and try to plug in the charger, by performing this activity you can resolve the problem plugged in not charging. In case, if the issue persists kindly uninstall & reinstall the battery driver in your laptop and try to charge.
We hope you got the relevant information related to your search for How to Fix Laptop’s “Plugged In, Not Charging” problem in 2020. In case if you have any other query related to the topic then we would request you to kindly note it down in the below-given comment section. We will be more than happy to assist you with a relevant answer to the asked question.