Have you ever felt that your computer is getting slower even if you have enough RAM and a Better Processor while using Windows 10? If yes, then you must be knowing the reason behind it.
Well, there must be so many other reasons for the same issue, but Sedlauncher.exe must be the probable cause for the high usage of CPU. Just because of this file, your CPU usage excessed and the task which you are going to perform on your device will be getting slower.
So, to Overcome this Slowdown of the Windows 10 Process, you should bitterly know about what is sedlauncher.exe, sedsvc.exe, and rempl.exe.
What is Sedlauncher.exe in Windows 10?
You must know that in Windows 10, there is an auto-update process that keeps running in the background. Sedlauncher.exe is the supporting part of the Windows 10 update process. This file is specially designed for boosting the speed of the Windows 10 Update services.
But while in this process, CPU usage will go higher, and many users noticed that their PC is getting slower while their CPU is getting updated. Because of this part of the Windows update, the overall system will be getting slower.
But here in this article, we are going to share the quick method to end the task of the running process of sedlauncher.exe, and all other windows update remediation processes that are running in the background and considerably slowing down the system.
Steps to fix sedlauncher.exe high CPU usage
Now, you have cleared doubt about sedlauncher.exe file and what it is for and how it impacts on your CPU usage. Then follow the below step by step guide to stop or disable or fix sedlauncher.exe to decrease CPU usage. But before going ahead, note that there are four checkpoints where you should look for it.
Disable from services
- First of all, Type “Services” in the search bar bottom left corner.
- As shown in the image, click on the “Services.” It will open the pop-up window of services where all background processes have been sawn.
- Double Click On the option “Windows Remediation Services,” you will get more opportunities.
- Select Disabled and click on the stop button.
- At last, click on the apply and OK button to save your setting.
Now you have stopped the service running in the background. There is another method available for this. Please find it below.
Remove “Windows Update Remediation” from apps.
- In that case, you need to open windows settings. You can use any other way to open the setup. Here We have the type and search in the search bar.
- Open the setting, and here you can see the option “Apps.” See the pic below.
- Here you can see all apps. Navigate the App “Windows Setup Remediations (x64) (KB4023057)’ or ‘Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)”.
- Restart the system, and you will get a solution.
- Stop REMPL task from task Scheduler.
Try to disable the REMPL task and follow the below steps.
- Type “Task Scheduler” in the search bar bottom left side of the screen. And select it and open the task scheduler.
- It will open the task scheduler. Here you have to explore more options by exploring the Task schedule library by clicking continuous option Microsoft>>Windows>>rempl. Refer to the below image.
- After clicking on the rempl option, it will show the defined task for that folder. This task was saved as the name of “shell.” Double click on the job and delete it from the list.
- Now restart the PC and check if your issue is solved or not.
Block from Windows Firewall
Now let’s move forward to the last method; if all these three did not work, then it will work for you. Here you have to block it from the windows firewall. Please follow the below steps:
- Type “Windows Firewall” in the search option at the bottom left corner.
- Now you will see the Windows Firewall. Here you have to create the new Rule.
- To do So, click on the “Outbound Rules” and then click on “New Rule.”
- Now click on the “Program” option and then click on the Next button. And click on the Browse button and navigate the path “C:\Program Files\rempl” and select the File “Sedlauncher.”
- Then click on the Next button for the next three times. There is no need to change anything which is default selected.
- In the last step, click on the finish button. It will stop launching Sedlauncher at the time of starting your PC.
Some so many people are still facing this issue. But after reading this article, we assure you that you will get your solution regarding Sedlauncher.exe resolved. Please do follow the procedure correctly. Any mistake can lead to unexpected errors. Because stopping windows update causes so many other errors and misbehavior of the PC.