Windows cannot complete the extraction the destination file could not be created is one of the usual error faced by Windows Users while performing the extraction activity for certain huge files. Here are the best-fixing methods to resolve the faced problem “Windows cannot complete the extraction” in 2020
It’s obvious, sending huge files acquires more time. Extracting process helps users for quick completion of the process. Windows File Explorer compression is the inbuilt feature meant for Extracting files in Windows System. Sometimes windows users find the annoying message saying “Windows cannot complete the extraction the destination file could not be created” Stuck with the same problem? No need to worry, simply invest a few minutes reading the article, it includes useful methods with appropriate steps for fixing the problem -> Windows cannot complete the extraction in 2020.
Methods to fix Windows cannot complete the extraction in 2020
We would insist you to firstly restart the Windows System and try to extract files. Sometimes the silly activity helps to solve the error Windows cannot complete the extraction. In case, if you still face extraction problem, then proceed with other listed methods.
Rename the files and try to extract
You might find the error Windows cannot complete the extraction due to lengthy file name. Simply edit the file name by double-clicking on the Zip file name, save the made changes and try to perform the extraction process. Performing the activity will help you to tackle the extraction error in Windows PC.
Try to Move the File to another Folder and perform the extraction process
Windows users have performed this method to disappear the error Windows cannot complete the extraction the destination file could not be created. The corrupted folder is one of the reasons for the faced problem, hence try to move the zip file to some of the other Windows folders or move it to desktop and perform the extraction process.
Run System File Checker (SFC and CHKDSKin) Commands in Windows
- Type “Command Prompt” in Windows search bar and select the option “Run as administrator”
- Next step is to input the command “Sfc /scannow” and hit enter. This process will consume some time, kindly wait until 100% completion.
- Once the process is completed close the CMD prompt and restarts your windows pc.
- Now what you to do is to simply open the command prompt and run as administrator in your Windows System.
- Input the second command “chkdsk” in CMD prompt and hit the enter key, performing the process in your Windows system helps to rectify and fix the system errors.
Make sure you don’t close the cmd prompt until the process gets completed. Once done, perform the file extracting process to check whether the problem is fixed in your system.
Perform a Clean Boot in Windows PC
Error Windows cannot complete the extraction the destination file could not be created, might occur due to conflicting software that is installed in your Windows Operating System. Performing a clean boot in Windows PC might help you to get rid of the files extraction problem.
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open Run box in Windows PC.
- Input “msconfig” in the empty Run box and press OK tab.
- You will find the option “Selective Startup” select it and uncheck “Load startup items” press OK button and click on the Apply tab.
- Next step is to select Services tab under System Configuration, give checkmark on “Hide all Microsoft Services” tab click on “Disable all” option and press OK.
- Restart your PC to check whether the problem Windows cannot complete the extraction is disappeared or not.
Make Use Third-Party Software to Extract Files in Windows PC
In case, if the error still persists in your system after performing all the above-given methods than you have to rely on Third-Party Software for extracting the zip files in your Windows PC.
FAQ for Windows cannot complete the extraction
1. What is the most important file in Windows?
System32 folder is one of the most important files that contain valuable data, files in the Windows Operating system.
2. How do you fix Windows Cannot complete the extraction?
Kindly perform the below-given method to fix the error Windows Cannot complete the extraction in 2020
- Restart your Windows PC
- Kindly rename the Zip files
- Try to move the files to another folder and extract
- Perform a Clean Boot in Windows PC
- Make use of third-party software to extract files
3. How do I get WinRAR for free?
Kindly visit the official WinRAR portal www.win-rar.com and select the appropriate windows bits and download the extracting software for free.
4. Why I cannot extract a ZIP file?
The common reasons behind the problem Windows Cannot complete the extraction are lengthy filenames, corrupted folders, missing data in a zip file and incomplete Zip file.
5. Is 7 zip free?
Yes, 7 zip free extracting Zip files software is available on the internet for free, anyone can download and install it in their windows system for extracting huge Zip files.
We’re glad to share our inputs in this article to help you for fixing the error “Windows cannot complete the extraction” In case if you have any doubts or queries related to the topic, kindly note it down in the comment section. We will look after all your mentioned queries.