Outlook data file cannot be accessed is an outlook send receive error that occurred in Outlook 2013. The error accompanied by “Sending reported error (0x8004010F)” indicates that it’s an Outlook profile issue. The most common reason is a corrupted outlook profile, incorrect file permission or account synchronization issue. Read this article to understand how to fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
How to Fix Sending Reported Error (0x8004010F): Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed in Outlook 2013?
When the account is unable to sync with the profile, users fail to access their data files. Here is how to change the folder in the outlook account so that it can sync again with the system.
- Open outlook in windows and go to account settings
- Now select your account and click on “change folder” option
- Then go for “New Outlook Data File”
- Now create a new folder and expand that folder, select inbox option and click on the ok button
- Now go back to account settings and change folder and select the old folder and click on the ok button
We created a different folder and then went back to the original one and change the folder setting for Outlook. This will fix the outlook data file cannot be accessed issue. However, if you are still facing the 0x8004010F error, then try other methods.
Creating a new outlook profile can replace the old corrupted one and users can send and receive mail without any error. There are multiple ways to create a new profile, here is the process,
- Open control panel and find “Mail” option
- Now select “Show Profile” option
- Then click on the add button to create new profile
- Now enter your name, email address, password and follow the instruction to create a new outlook profile
Once you create a new profile, try to send a mail to check for the error. However, users won’t be able to operate their old accounts.
If users are still facing outlook data file cannot be accessed issue, then it could be an issue of incorrect file permission. If Outlook determines that the file users trying to access does not have permission, it can deny access to it. Here is the process of getting ownership of the outlook data file,
- Go to the outlook file location and right-click on the file and open properties
- Now in the security tab, select “system” in group or username and click on Advanced button
- Then select the change option next to owners name
- Now enter your device name under object name and click on “check names” option
- Once the user confirms the object name, they gain full authority over the file.
After that, they can access their Outlook data files without any issue. This method will solve Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed error in Outlook 2013.
- What is the outlook send receive error 0x8004010F?
When users try to send or receive files on Outlook, they face this issue because of corrupted outlook profiles or incorrect file permission. Outlook doesn’t allow users to access data files.
- How to fix Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed?
The following methods can provide solutions to 0x8004010F error in Outlook.
- Change Folder in Outlook Account
- Create a New Outlook Profile
- Get Ownership Of Outlook Data File
Outlook 2010 and 2013 users sometimes encountered errors that restrict them from accessing their Outlook data files. In this article, we have provided information about how to fix Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data files cannot be accessed error. If you have any questions about outlook send receive error, ask us in the comment section.