Yahoo! was one of the best and most popular search engine platforms for many years during the initial period of the internet evolution. Even today, lots of people from all around the world prefer Yahoo! search engine website over other Yahoo alternatives like Google.
One of the main reasons for the popularity of Yahoo! website is the news feed that appears on the website homepage. You can find all the latest news from all around the world right on Yahoo! homepage which is convenient for a lot of users instead of having to visit a news website separately to stay updated about the news.
If you wish to set the Yahoo! website as your web browser’s default homepage, then today we are here with a detailed article on the same.
In this article, you can find step-by-step tutorials on how to set Yahoo! as the default browser on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
- 1 How to Set “Yahoo!” As Default Homepage on Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox?
How to Set “Yahoo!” As Default Homepage on Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox?
Below are the detailed steps involved in setting up Yahoo! as the default browser on the popular web browsers out there currently.
How to Set Yahoo! as Default on Google Chrome?
The Google Chrome web browser is, without a doubt, the most popular desktop and mobile web browser out there. The Google search engine website is loaded by default on Chrome at all times. Below is how you can change it to Yahoo!.
- To set Yahoo! website as default on the Google Chrome web browser, begin by launching the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Now, click on the three horizontally placed dots on the top right corner of the Google Chrome window.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the “Settings” option.
- Within the Settings tab that launches, click on the “Appearance” option from the left-side menu.
- In the Appearance section, click on the “Show home button” option.
- Just beneath the “Show home button” option, click on the field that says “Enter custom web address”.
- Within the text field, enter the official Yahoo! website address: www.yahoo.com.
- Scroll down on the same page to find the option that says “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Now, click on the option that says “Add a new page” placed just beneath the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Enter the official Yahoo! website URL (www.yahoo.com) here as well.
After you make the above changes, the official Yahoo website will load as the default homepage whenever you launch the Google Chrome browser.
How to Set Yahoo! as Default on Internet Explorer?
Even though IE is not the best browser out there, there are lots of people that use Internet Explorer as their preferred web browser. If you too use Internet Explorer, below is how you can set www.yahoo.com as your IE default website.
- Launch the Internet Explorer browser on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon placed on the top right corner of the browser window.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the option labelled as “Internet Options”.
- Within the new pop-up window that appears, click on the “General” tab.
- Now, find the “Homepage” section.
- Within the text area beneath the Homepage section, enter the official Yahoo! web URL (www.yahoo.com).
Now, the Internet Explorer browser will load Yahoo! official website by default at all times.
How to Set Yahoo! as Default on Mozilla Firefox?
Mozilla Firefox is another popular web browser out there. For anyone who wishes to set Yahoo! as the default browser on Firefox, follow these steps:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC.
- Click on the menu icon placed at the right top corner of the window.
- Within the new menu tab that opens, click on the “Home” button from within the options on the left side.
- Find the option titled “Homepage and new windows” and click on the drop-down beside it.
- Within the drop-down menu, click on “Custom URLs…”.
- A new text field will appear just before the drop-down menu.
- Enter the official www.yahoo.com web URL in the text field.
Close and relaunch the Firefox browser. Now, Yahoo! website will be loaded by default on your Firefox browser.
How to Set Yahoo! as Default on Microsoft Edge?
The latest Edge browser from Microsoft has gained a lot of popularity and interest among internet users. Below we have listed the steps to set the Yahoo! website as the official default web page of the Edge browser.
- On your computer, launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click on the menu icon in the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, find and click on “Settings”.
- Within the Settings window, find the “Open Microsoft Edge with” title.
- Now, click on the “A specific page or pages” label.
- In the text field beneath the “A specific page or pages” label, enter www.yahoo.com and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
You have now successfully set the Microsoft Edge browser to load the Yahoo! website whenever the browser is launched on your computer.
How to Set Yahoo! as Default on Safari?
Apple’s Safari browser is also a very popular browser. If you wish to set Yahoo! as the default browser on the Safari browser, below are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch the Safari browser on your Apple macOS machine.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Now, click on the menu option that says “Preferences”.
- Click on “Safari opens with”.
- Within the drop-down menu that appears, click on “Homepage”.
- Now, enter the official Yahoo! web URL (www.yahoo.com).
You have now set the Yahoo! website as the default website of your browser. However, you will need to add the Safari “Home” button within your toolbar as there is none by default.
Below is how you can add Safari home button to Safari toolbar:
- Click on the menu option labelled as “View”.
- Now, select the option titled “Customize Toolbar”.
- You now need to drag the home button to the Safari toolbar to add the button.
And that is all. You have now successfully set Yahoo! as the default website of your Safari browser.
We hope you found this article on the steps to set “Yahoo!” as the default homepage on Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox as informative and helpful. In case you have any questions or doubts about setting Yahoo! as the default website on your web browser, feel free to get in touch with us by leaving a comment below.