Are all of us not accustomed to use a browser? Yes, of course all of us are. Browsing is something which all of us are accustomed to. But often we cannot access some specific browsers. But do we know how to fix a site that has an error? No, not really. Very few of us are known to the fact and maximum of us do not know how to fix it, instead what we simply do is close that site and open another that provides us with the access. The same thing happens with Google Chrome as well. In Google Chrome also, an error saying ” this site can’t be reached” pops up incase the site takes a longer duration of time to open or if it is having an internet issue.
At this point of time instead if trying another web browser or trying to load the site over and over again, what you can simply do is to fix the error. In this short article we are going to have a look at the 7 best methods by which you can easily fix the problem instead of trying it again and again.
What does the “This Site Can’t be Reached” error mean
Before we proceed with our main topic, we would have a quick look at what does “this site can’t be reached” error means. Well, this has got a very clear meaning, it says that you cannot reach the site that you are searching for. It might happen because you might had made a spelling error while you have entered your search. This happens because, your DNS server might be already going through a problem and what you need is to fix it.
When does this error occur and why does it happen?
This error generally occurs because of the DNS failure. The DNS network basically accesses the websites you search for with the help of the domain name and at times those websites do not support and hence this error occurs. When you want to search something, for example, say you have entered an URL in the search box and hit the enter key. As soon as you hit the enter key, what it does is that, they search that website through the Internet Protocol Address, what DNS does is they convert the website domain name to Internet Protocol Address.
This error mainly occurs when there is a misconfiguration of the DNS address or when the windows is not working. This being the most common reason for the error, yet there many other such factors that leads to the occurance of the error.
- Google Chrome may have lot of cookie corruption or is out of date.
- Your Wireless network connections might be facing some error.
- The anti virus that you have loaded might be blocking the site.
- The DNS cache is invalid.
Ways To Fix The Error:
As we have by now came to know why this error occurs or what is this error actually, so now we can talk or discuss about the ways by which you can fix the problem. Below mentioned are the seven different ways to fix the error.
1 Clear your browser cache
It might sometimes happen that due to corrupted cookie files, you get to receive an error which tells, ” this site can’t be reached”. Hence what you can do is to clear the browser cache so as to see if your problem gets resolved. There is nothing much complications that you need to do. You just need to;
- Open Google Chrome and then click on the three dots which are placed at the right hand side corner in the top.
- Now you need to choose the more tools option from there.
- Now clear the browsing history.
- Now go to the settings window and from there ,under time range choose ” all time”. Now you need to select all the cookies, browsing history, if they are not selected and then delete them.
- Once your clearing is done, now you can again go back to the page and try loading the page once again to see if the problem is resolved.
2 Reset Google Chrome
The second way that you can follow is to reset Google Chrome as a whole. At times resetting browsers does help in resolving the error.
- Go and open Google Chrome, and click on the three dots at the top right hand corner.
- Choose the settings option. As soon as the window appears, now scroll down till you reach an option that says, advanced tabs.
- Now as soon as the advanced tab opens, scroll down and select reset and clean up. Do the reset.
- Now once this is done again try loading the page to see if the problem is solved.
3 Restart the DNS Client
If you see that the above two options are of no help to you, then try restarting the DNS Client. Follow the below mentioned steps to do that.
- First you need to go to Run Module. For doing this, you may either press start plus R on the keyboard or simply type Run in the search box.
- As soon as the run module opens, type services.msc in it
- A long list of services which are applicable for you will open. Right click on the one you require, which means right click on DNS Client. Now hit restart.
- Same process again, go to Google Chrome and see if it works.
4 Change DNS Servers
Many a time this error can be solved by changing the DNS servers. For doing that you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open network and click on Open Network and Sharing Centre.
- Open the Properties of the Internet Network.
- Now find the TCP or IPv4 option and change the DNS Server.
- Once done, go back to Chrome and check whether it is now possible for you to work on.
5 Flush the DNS cache
If in case the DNS cache is invalid somehow, then it can show the error ” this site can’t be reached”.Hence you need to fix this error.
- By typing , cmd on the search box for launching Command Module. Now right click on it and run that as an administrator.
- Once you are done now enter the command- flushdns.
- Once the command has been successfully runned, a message will pop up saying, ,Flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Now restart your computer and have a look if the error has been resolved.
6 Reset your TCP/IP Address
You can even reset the TCP or IP Address.
- Launch the command module by typing cmd.
- At the next step just type and execute the following commands- ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /all -> ipconfig /flushdns -> ipconfig /renew -> netsh int ip set dns -> netshwinsock reset
- Once you finish this step, restart your device and see if it is working.
7 Run Windows Network Troubleshooter
- Type run in the search box of the start menu.
- Now in the run program type ncpa.cpl, so as to open the network connection box.
- Find the WiFi connection you use and then hit on diagnose.
- It will take some time to run. If the message appears ” DHCP is not enabled for wireless network connections” then you need to repair it.
- Now click on “try these repair as an administrator”
- Reboot the computer and see to it, that if your problem is resolved.
So, here we come to the end of the article. Above mentioned are the ways by which you can get your problem solved. The steps mentioned above are really easy and simple, and it takes just few minutes. Hope this article has been of much help to you.