The DirectX 10 for Windows is a great innovation of Microsoft that is developed and designed with a bunch of features that enhance your gaming, entertainment, music experience by increasing the Audio and video quality of contents. It gives full color graphics with high resolution and gives an immersive audio experience. With lots of useful features Microsoft Directx 10 for windows is licensed completely as freeware so that every user of windows (32-bit and 54-bit) operating systems can enjoy their services without any issue. But, with the better expectations from the users, Microsoft keeps on updating the Direct X for Windows and it goes on from DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and so on. The DirectX 10 version is not compatible with Windows XP, as it is only designed for Windows Vista. But with modification and following some procedure you will be able to run. So, if you want to run different versions of DirectX and want to know more about them then stay tuned till the end of this article. In this Article I will give insight knowledge about DirectX 10 and also will show you how you can download and install the program on your computer.
How to Download and Install Direct X 10 for Windows
- To start with the process, you need to download the set-up file from the official website of Direct X.
- Go to the website and continue with the download button.
- Ignore other products and just click on the download option to continue the process.
- Save the downloaded file by clicking the save file button.
- Once the download of the file is done, start the installation process, complete all the required processes and install the program on our computer.
- Finally to start using the program, restart your computer.
HOW TO UPDATE OR CORRECT DIRECTX ERRORS
- To start the process first of all go to the official website of Microsoft DirectX. Click here to Download DirectX.
- Now you will see an option to choose your preferred language from the drop-down box. Select the language and click the download option, and save the set-up file in your computer.
- To complete the installation process go to your Download and double click on the set-up file “dxwebsetup.exe file” to start the installation wizard.
- Make sure to uncheck those features which you are not interested in while the installation is processing.
- Lastly restart your computer and check the program whether by updating the program your problem is resolved or not.
Different Version Of Microsoft DirectX
Microsoft alway keeps on upgrading its product Direct X to a newer and better version. But, sadly the upgraded product can not be compatible with every Windows Operating system. So, to give you insight knowledge about each version I have explained below in brief.
- DirectX 12: This is compatible with WIndows 10 only and cannot be supported to any other version. If you want to update the DirectX12 then you can go to this link and do the Windows Update.
- DirectX 11.4 & 11.3: These two versions are only compatible with Windows 10 and you can only update the Directx 12.0 only when your Operating System gets updated.
- DirectX 11.2: This is compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 8 and 8.1 above. For any update to this version is possible only when your indowos gets updated. There is no option for you to directly download the updated version as you wish.
- DirectX 11.1: This is another version of Direct x that is only comfortable or supported in Windows 10 and Windows 8. You can also run this version in WIndows7 by installing the Platform Update for Windows 7.
- DirectX 11.0: You can run this version on Windows 10, WIndows, 8 and Windows 7 as well. This version can also be executed in Windows Vista but only after installing Platform Update for Windows Vista.
- DirectX 10: This Direct X version support or runs with multiple version of Windows-Operating system such as the Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 and also support Windows Vista.
- DirectX 9: The DirectX9 can be runned in WIndows 10, Windows, 8, Windows 7 Windows Vista and even WIndows Xp. This is very much flexible as it is compatible with every Windows Operating System version of Microsoft.
Frequently asked questions
What is Direct X used for?
DirectX, is an amazing software designed and developed by Microsoft to provide the best Video and Audio experience to its Operating System users. This software is mostly used to render video of 2D and 3D vector graphics, and to get better audio quality.
Can I use DirectX 11 on Windows 10?
Yes of course DirectX 11 is supported for Windows 10, Windows 8 and also WIndows 7 but it does not support WIndows vista or Windows XP.
Does Windows XP support DirectX 11?
No Directx11 is only compatible with higher versions of Windows operating systems like the Windows 8, 7 and 10.
Can I install DirectX 12 on Windows 10?
Direct X 12 can be used in Windows 10 and is only made compatible with WIndows 10 version and you can not use this in WIndows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or WIndows XP.
All the Apk files are not owned by us, it is collected from the play store and we do not take any responsibilities in case of any abusing act done by the users. When you click on the given download link you will be directed to their website accordingly and you are accepting their terms and condition but not ours.
Lastly, the DirectX 10 for Windows is not owned by us or is not affiliated with them in any case, all the content about this App is taken directly from their official website and we do not entertain any misleading information about the App. The images used in this article are all genuine images of Microsoft DirectX.