Yourphone.exe is the background process running in the Windows 10 who is responsible for connecting your Android or iOS device to your PC or Laptop. This app keeps running in the background because of the synchronization of your phone to Laptop every time. With the latest windows update, the in-built application comes into your PC called yourphone.exe, which allows sharing documents, photos, files from mobile to PC and PC to Mobile in a natural way.
As soon as the app becomes popular google because of vast searching about its high consumption of the CPU usage. So many people are searching for it and would like to disable this process. But no one has a clear idea that it causes any damage or not. So here in this article, we are going to share everything about Yourphone.exe and how to stop its usage consumption.
How to Stop yourphone.exe from the system?
First of all, if you don’t need to synchronize your phone with your PC or Laptop, then you can uninstall or disable this app permanently. It will not create any misbehave in your system. There are two methods available to stop this: yourphone.exe.
#Method-1: Uninstall permanently with a background process
#Method-2: Stop its Background process Without uninstall yourphone.exe
We will describe both method step by step as below:
- Method-1: Uninstall permanently along with background process
Please follow the below procedure to Uninstall the yourphone.exe and it’s all running background processes.
- Firstly, Open the Windows PowerShell by typing “Windows PowerShell.”
- Now it will open the Windows PowerShell from where we can uninstall yourphone.exe by giving a command.
- Click on the Run as Administrator.
- Now enter the Command Line as shown below in the image.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
- After entering the command hit the Enter button. It will execute the command and uninstall the yourphone.exe app permanently.
- Restart the computer to see the effect correctly. After restarting, you can check in the task manager that yourphone.exe background process will be stopped.
- Type Settings in the search bar and open the setting in your PC.
- Now in the settings, click on the Apps. Here all the apps running will be seen.
- Now navigate Your Phone App in the apps list. And here you will see the advance option. Click on it for more options.
- You will have to navigate option Terminate. And click on that option. YourPhone.exe will terminate immediately.
- It will terminate the yourphone.exe app and its related background processes.
- Method-2: Stop its Background Process Without uninstall yourphone.exe
If you want to stop yourphone.exe temporary instead of uninstalling permanently then you have to follow the below steps:
- To stop the background process, only then open the setting from the search bar.
- Find the option Privacy in the setting and click on it.
- In the Privacy setting, on the left side, you will find so many options. Find the option Background Apps and click on it.
- As soon as you open the background Apps, you will see all the apps which are running background processes. There will be so many other apps available which are running in the background. But you will have to navigate the yourphone.exe app.
- Now click on the Slide button and Turn off the background process of the yourphone.exe app.
Now restart the PC, you can check this in your task manager that yourphone.exe process would be stopped in the background.
Yourphone.exe is harmful or safe for the computer?
As soon as many people came to know about yourphone.exe app running in the background process and it consuming the high CPU usage, they wondered with so many questions in their mind. So many are thinking that yourphone.exe is virus and harmful for the system.
But let me clear you that yourphone.exe is the in-built app which comes from the latest windows update. This app is specially introduced for those people who want to synchronize their mobile device or phones to the computer.
It keeps running in the background so that it can keep synchronizing your phone for updated notifications can be seen into your computer.
Though it doesn’t mean that you don’t need to keep antivirus to keep your computer safe from the attackers, they can attack your device by inserting this type of .exe file and hack your system. So be aware of it and scan your computer regularly and protect with antivirus.
Conclusion: Yourphone.exe is the app to synchronize your device with your computer or Laptop. To disable it from your computer will not cause any serious issue. But anyhow we are not recommending to disable it from your system even though we have mentioned possible ways to stop yourphone.exe from your computer. If anyone wants to disable it and want to decrease their CPU usage, then follow the guide given in this article.
FAQ-1: What is Yourphone.exe?
- Yourphone.exe is the part of Windows 10 which allows users to synchronize their phones with computers or Laptop. In the recent Windows update, they have introduced this app for mobile phone synchronization. It keeps the running process in the background to continue up to date notifications.
FAQ-2: Is Yourphone.exe a virus?
- Yourphone.exe is no virus in your system. It is a background process to keep synchronizing your phone with the computer.
FAQ-3: Is yourphone.exe safe or not?
- Yourphone.exe is safe for use. But still, we recommend you to use antivirus to keep your system safe from the attackers.