Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) is an error encountered by some of the windows 10 users while operating Virtualbox. This issue indicates that the issue originated from Intel Virtualization Technology (VT). read this article to understand what is Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) error and how to fix it.
- 1 How to Fix Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) Error?
There are various reasons behind this error but one of the common explanations is that the Virtual box is unable to operate because the Virtualization technology option is not available. There are several reasons behind this error, such as the CPU doesn’t support VT-X. Other reasons include Microsoft’s Hyper-V technology is enabled in the system, BIOS settings issue with Vt-x, and Windows Security setting issue.
The issue with VirtualBox is the conflict between Hyper-V virtualization and VT-x virtualization. If the Intel virtualization is enabled, it will disable the VT-x, that’s why we need to disable it. Here is the process,
We can disable Hyper-V virtualization by Command prompt and Control panel.
Disable Hyper-V virtualization in Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt in run by typing “cmd” and pressing Ctrl + Shift + Enter
- Now type the following command(Each separated by the enter key)
dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V
Press ENTER Key
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
Press ENTER Key
- After that, restart your PC to save the settings
Once the PC is Rebooted, check for the error in Virtual Box.
Disable Hyper-V virtualization in Control panel
- Open Control panel and find programs and features
- Then select the “turn windows features on or off”
- Now find “Hyper-V” and uncheck the box
If the option is already unchecked, check the box, restart your PC and then uncheck it again.
- Now open command prompt with administrator permission and type, “bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off”
- Now restart the PC
This will Disable the Hyper-V virtualization which will solve the vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) error. However, if users are still facing the issue, try other methods.
Windows Security core isolation (previously Window defender) creates conflicts with Virtual box and produces errors like Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx). Here is the process to disable the feature,
- Open windows security by typing it in the search box
- Now find the device security option and then click on “core isolation detail”
- Now disable the core isolation feature
- After that steps, restart your PC to save the process
Once you disable the core isolation feature, it will no longer create an issue for the virtual box. However, if you are still facing Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx), then try other methods.
Avast is known for blocking websites, programs and processes to keep any malicious attacks from outside. However, by doing this, it interrupts the Virtual box and produces errors. But users can change this setting by allowing nested virtualization. Here is the process,
- Open avast antivirus and go to settings
- Now in General settings, select troubleshooting option
- Now check the box that reads “enable hardware-assisted virtualization” it will open another check box, “Use nested virtualization where available”
Now close the settings and check the VirtualBox for the error. Mostly with the hardware-assisted virtualization option, avast allows the VirtualBox to operate without any issue. But if users still encounter Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx), then try other methods.
Users can change the BIOS setting and enable VT-X features to allow VirtualBox to operate. Restart your PC and enter BIOS setting mode by pressing keys set by your manufacturer. After that, go to security settings or in advance settings and change the option to Enable.
This method will fix Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) issue right away and users can work on their VirtualBox without any further issue.
- What is VT-X is not Available Error in Windows 10?
When Windows 10 users try to initiate the VirtualBox program without VT-X support, they receive such errors. The Source of the issue originates from BIOS settings or windows settings.
- How to fix Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) Error?
Here are some of the working method to fix VirtualBox error,
- Disable Hyper-V virtualization
- Disable Core isolation Feature from Windows Security
- Enable Nested virtualization in Avast
- Enable BIOS Settings for VT-X
- How to Enable VT-X setting in AMD CPU?
Click the M.I.T. tab then select Advanced Frequency Settings. After that go to Advanced Core settings and then set the SVM Mode (“Secure Virtual Machine”) to Enable.
VirtualBox allows Windows users to operate in a different environment and operating system, however sometimes it faces error. In this article, we have provided information about how to fix Vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx) in Windows 10. If you have any questions regarding the VirtualBox error in windows 10, ask us in the comment section.