One of our childhood memories includes watching movies and cartoons on a big bulky screen attached to the cable. Having a TV is not the limit you set for entertainment by watching movies, and tv shows. You can directly do that with an application. Its called Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application allows you to watch cable tv channels directly on your computer. It is part of the Windows Media Centre present in your PC, and with its help, you watch cable channels directly on your PC or laptop. It is available in various versions of Windows Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Before you enable the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, you need to know the downside of the application and its impact on your computer system.
This article has listed down everything you need to know about Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
How Does Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Work?
Well, the Tv tuner device receives digital signals that allow you to view cable channels directly into your PC or laptop. On top of that, just like regular TV, you can record your favorite show or match on your computer system. With Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, your PC or Laptop will work as a TV.
How to enable Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application on your PC or Laptop?
It is a simple process that doesn’t require any technical knowledge, to begin with. For you to be able to watch movies, shows, and matches on your PC or laptop just like the TV, you need to have that feature in your computer system.
To check if Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is installed in your computer system, you need to:
- Open the Windows Device Manager
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the command prompt.
- Open the “Sound, video and game controllers” option.
An indication of a TV tuner is coming across terms like a digital tuner, digital tuner, or digital receiver.
Is the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application the reason behind my slow computer system?
Let’s not jump to conclusions here. The slowing down of the system can be caused by many other things. For you to be sure that the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is causing the slowdown, you can:
- open up the Task Manager by Ctrl + Shift + Esc key
- Inside Task Manager, go over to the Processes tab and look for an entry named ehprivjob.exe or Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
- After you have done that, check for CPU and memory resources used by this process. If the number is consuming over 100 MB of memory over ver 10% of the overall CPU capacity, disable it to improve system performance.
Is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application a threat to my PC/Laptop?
There is no Yes or No answer to that question. The application itself doesn’t pose any threat to your system. However, that being said, it is likely to be targeted by third-party antivirus tools. If that happens, you will receive messages and ads regularly, which can be frustrating.
Secondly, it won’t harm your computer directly, but you will notice that your PC or laptop is running slow due to that. This is the reason you need to High CPU Usage in Windows with the issue to keep your system performance intact.
How to disable Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If you follow the steps, you will disable the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. It must be noted that these steps given below will only disable the application and not remove it. For Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application to enable again, just check the unchecked box, and you are good to go.
- Click Windows key and type “Control Panel.”
- Run Command Prompt, type “appwiz.cpl”
- Search the “Programs and Features” option and click on it.
- On the left panel, “Turn Windows Features on or off” option. Click that.
- Once the respective window is fully opened, click on the “Media Features” and uncheck the small box next.
- Click OK to proceed with the new settings.
How to end the process of ehPrivJob.exe process?
This method will help you organize the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application from taking too much space and slowing down the computer. It can be quickly done by the Task Manager.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Click on the “Performance” tab and then on “Open Resource Monitor.”
- Under the section of “Overview,” you have to locate ehPrivJob.exe. Right-click on it and end the process.
In case you are unable to find ehPrivJob.exe in the Overview section, you can search for it under the CPU, Memory, or Disk section.
How to Uninstall/Remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application from PC or laptop?
By following the steps given below, you will be able to remove the application from your PC.
- Go to the Control Panel or through the Run dialog box by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the bar.
- Then go to “Program and Features” and search for the digital TV tuner device registration application.
- Click on it and uninstall the program. After the process of uninstalling is complete, you may need to reboot your computer.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is a great application to watch cable channels without having a ton on your Computer or Laptop. Many wanted things to come by like the computer system’s slow performance with every software and application, receiving messages and notification constantly. The slow performance and constant notification can cause frustration and drop in productivity level.
Like being said before, it doesn’t pose any threat to your PC or laptop, but it will definitely affect the performance of the computer. The space taken by the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application can be managed up to certain limits.
For learning the application and how to enable, disable, and even remove the application, read the above article.