Facing a java pop in your mac that reads, “To use the java command line tools you need to install a JDK”? In the previous update of macOS 10.14 (Mojave), Mac dropped the Java support for their OS which creates conflicts for apps that require java to operate. Occasionally when Mac users try to access an app that needs Java, they face a pop-up requesting to install a JDK. read this article to explore how to fix Mac ava Command-line Tool Notification.
In order to solve this issue, users need to install JDK. However, when the Java pop-up appears on the Mac, if the user clicks on the “more info” button, it will redirect to the latest version of Java. Mac users need to install specific java updates according to their Mac version. Here is how to update java on Mac,
- Visit the Apple Java Legacy page
- Download Java for OS X 2017-001 version
- After that, open .dmg file and install JDK
- Once you installed the update, restart your Mac to save changes
Once users download and install the appropriate version of Java, they won’t face the java pop up on Mac. this will surely fix “To use the java command line tools you need to install a JDK” issue on your Mac. However, if the problem with java updates is not related with an app but a process, then users need to remove the process. Recently users are getting java popup for mac that reads,
“To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment.
Click “More info…” to visit the website for the Java Runtime Environment.”
It indicated that one of the Facebook processes, mostly video related, requires a java update. Here is the process of fixing it,
- Go to finder and select “go to folder”
- Then in the search box, type “~/Library/LaunchAgents/”
- After that, find “com.facebook.videochat.USERNAME.plist” and move it to trash
- However, if you cannot find the specific file, you can remove it from the terminal
- Open terminal and type “launchctl list | grep -v apple”
- Now find “com.facebook.videochat.USERNAME.updater” and remove it
FAQ for Java Popup in Mac
- Why Do You Need Java in Mac?
Most apps are created in Java that requires a java program to run. Web-based apps also run on java and because the latest version of Mac doesn’t come preinstalled with java, we need to install JDK manually.
- What is “To use the java command line tools you need to install a JDK” Error in Mac?
This error indicates that programs on the mac require java runtime and for that users need to install JDK. once they installed the appropriate version of java, it will stop the pop-up.
- Is Java bad for Mac?
Java is not bad, some of the apps and programs that run on java are harmful. If you download java from the official website and only use the trusted apps and services, it won’t affect your mac.
Mac BigSur, Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra users reported that they face Java pop up issues on Mac. the message reads, “To use the java command line tools you need to install a JDK” and the application that requires java support won’t run. In this article, we have provided solutions for Java Command-line Tool Notification in Mac. If you have any questions regarding Java pop up on Mac, ask us in the comment section.